Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jet Loaders Vs S.L. Variant speed loaders

Wrinkles

Bubberizing is cutting down the length of the speed loader in order to minimize the chance of the loader hanging up on the brass. It makes loading the speed loaders by hand more difficult but very doable with practice. Some find it necessary to use a loading block though. Look at the picture of grandboule's jet loader compared to a stock loader picture. The nipples are cut off and about half of the length of the part that holds the rounds. Cutting down the loaders definitely allows for a cleaner, more positive reload

I like the Jet Loaders but they have a very limited application base- of course, if you're shooting a Smith K or L frame - it's not limited at all :goof: If you're shooting an N-frame or an old Ruger 6 Series, you're out of luck.

What is bubberized. and how does one with all thumbs do it.

Wrinkles here is a write up on cutting down the speed loaders. The Jet's have a slightly different top and do ot need the hole to remove the top. Also I think Bob of 4wheelguns.com sets his up in a lathe or something and can do your if you wish. You would have to cntact him to be sure. http://4wheelguns.com/RPerdue/?page_id=34 Hope this is helpful. Later rdd

Jet loaders,for certain...I modified mine with a belt sander.work on one making sure you are removing material evenly,switch to another when material becomes hot.alternate between pieces.i trimmed the cylinder openings with reamer and tested in reload mode twice before final length was achieved.

Yup, no problem using them for IDPA. Just don't over-Bubberize them or you'll be standing with a speedloader with less than six rounds and the missing ones still in the holder...

• 1 year later...

I haven't had a wheel gun in a while (last one was a 586). I'm thinking of buying Ruger LCR .357, and am casually looking for a speed loader (not for competition). I stumbled across S.L. Variants and this thread.

Is http://bobmacs.com/products/speedloaders the only importer?

The website says don't contact them, because they don't know when they will get more. Okay. Anyone know if they have been out of stock for weeks/months/years? I am wondering if I shouldn't bother considering them, or if this is just a short term issue.

I haven't had a wheel gun in a while (last one was a 586). I'm thinking of buying Ruger LCR .357, and am casually looking for a speed loader (not for competition). I stumbled across S.L. Variants and this thread.

Is http://bobmacs.com/products/speedloaders the only importer?

The website says don't contact them, because they don't know when they will get more. Okay. Anyone know if they have been out of stock for weeks/months/years? I am wondering if I shouldn't bother considering them, or if this is just a short term issue.

I have been watching that site for a year for 7 shot speedloaders, nothing has changed. I finally just had it cut for moon clips.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using Safariland J-GL8S COMP III Speedloader in my Ruger Match Champion. They work great and automatically forces the rounds into the cylinder (spring action). I use them for IDPA $13.99 on Amazon each. I use a plastic block to stage them

"Safariland J-LP L Frame Model Shooter Loading Block" holds 14 * 6. The setup also works with A-Zoom 357 Magnum Precision Snap Caps (6 Pack) for dryfire practice.

Infomercial is now officially over :roflol:

austin111-albums-high-polish-picture1298

Edited by Austin111