Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie Sight Questions

I picked up a second hand Gen 3 G34. It had stock sights with an adjustable rear sight. I would like to upgrade to good quality stuff with a fiber optic front.

Seems like lots of people use fixed rear sights for 3 gun, IDPA... I could get a drift tool for windage. But how do you adjust for elevation? I can't see taking a file to a nice black front sight with a fiber optic in it.

I am tempted to get a DP set and then have to buy a taller or shorter front sight to adjust for elevation. It just sounds wasteful.

I would shoot it like it is for now. You can always upgrade later, after you see what others are running. Maybe handle other pistols, and see how you like the sight picture. Everyone is different, personally, I find FO sight distracting, and also blacked out the white dots on my fixed sights, but YMMV.

I like warren tactical sights. Ilike wider rear notch and the fiber optic front sight. That may not be what you like. I would shoot a match and ask to look at other shooters guns. Most of us like to show off our gun. That way you can see a few options that you may like better than others.

Smitty,

There is a ton of info on here about sights for Glocks. I'm not trying to blow you off but just do a search for it. Reading the threads here helped me choose the sights for my G34. There is discussion on front sight height options to adjust point of impact, pros and cons of adjustable rear, FO vs black front sight, etc.

Shooters connection will have anything you decide to try.

Sevigney competition sights are tough to beat if you settle on non adjustable rear. You can order them with any number of front sight options.