Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front QD Sling Mount Options For M2

OK as the title says but there is one snag. I don't want to run a barrel clamp due to slug impact change. Been thinking of installing a QD mount from Noveske in the front of or back of the fore grip. Anybody done this or other ideas?

You can find a place in the bottom or side of the handguard to drill a hole for the Noveske QD attachment. The flat just in front of the loading port is a good location.

Edited by CJW

Zip-tie through slot in rib and around mag-tube. UM sling swivel will clamp around it. Set one up for a new shooter at TFD match that way last week and it worked like a charm.

It took me a minute to visualize what you describe but that would be a slick field-expidient sling mount. And a lot better than some of the 550 cord crap I saw. And adds another reason I carry zip-ties in my range bag!

GG&G makes one that goes between the factory tube and the nut for your extension. TK Martindill also knows someone who is making them, but I can't remember the name.

http://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m2-quick-detach-front-and-rear-sling-attachments.html

Wow, they are awfully proud of these, $60 for f/r and $30 is for just the front. Makes the zip tie idea even more appealing, especially if it will only be used once in awhile.

GG&G makes one that goes between the factory tube and the nut for your extension. TK Martindill also knows someone who is making them, but I can't remember the name.

http://www.gggaz.com/benelli-m2-quick-detach-front-and-rear-sling-attachments.html

Wow, they are awfully proud of these, $60 for f/r and $30 is for just the front. Makes the zip tie idea even more appealing, especially if it will only be used once in awhile.

I have one on my M2 and love it so far. I have the Noveske rear sling mount in my buttstock. $30 for the front mount is comparatively cheap considering its metal compared to the $25 matchsaverz I have on the forearm that is a piece of plastic!

An added bonus i recently discovered when practicing for the Nordic/Gateway shotgun match coming up.....when shooting slugs and a wall type barricade is available, the GG&G mount on the left side is like a barricade stop! Not always useful for that, better never hurts to add an option when it isn't removing another function.