Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AKDAL MKA 1919 18 ROUND MAGAZINE?

DrLove

I have 2 of them. They are made by roulette tactical. Say's on them licensend by firebird precision. Milled out of alum. and well built. First one run like a scalded dog. Ordered the second one a week later after the first one had about 300 rds. Second one came and had some issues. Looked it over and decide after checking the feed lips they were a little out of spec. Switched it with a new akdal 5 rd. mag with a few simple things and a little griding in some areas and it too runs flawless. Call 3gungear and they said to call roulette to get a new 5 rd. to replace it .Did not bother calling them. Fixed the one that was out of spec.Hell learn some tricks playing with it and figured out how to tune akdal mags

Edited by 3gunwoody

They are indeed licensed by Jim at Firebird. They were initially sold as extensions only, but after some folks had difficulty in attaching the extensions, they decided to assemble every mag in house to make sure the mags went out properly assembled. There is some work done to the mags in addition to just bolting on the extension.

That said, if you have any issues whatsoever, call Roulette tactical and they will take care of it. You should really send back the 5rd mag that wasn't functioning - it will allow the guys at Roulette to see what the issue is and continue to improve.

Mick

Thank you for all the kind words. Roulette Tactical will always stand behind our products. If any problems ever occur, you and always call us for

1-advice

2-replacement of your product

3-you can always ask to be refunded

4-send us your part to be looked at

Thank you

Glenn Logan President

623-643-9859

• 5 months later...

I just ordered one of these. I feel good if its a FB related product. I have a FB gun and my own assembled 15 rounders work perfectly. Just looking for some more capacity. Do these use the same spring as the 15 round kits from FB?

I just ordered one of these. I feel good if its a FB related product. I have a FB gun and my own assembled 15 rounders work perfectly. Just looking for some more capacity. Do these use the same spring as the 15 round kits from FB?

Initially I used a Firebird 15 rd magazine spring and new style (longer) follower in my Roulette magazine and it ran 100% but would only hold 17 rds.

Later I got a genuine Roulette spring and short follower. Excellent quality products. Now it holds the full 18 rds and it still runs 100%.

Bill

Flatland Shooter, on 25 Nov 2013 - 9:32 PM, said:
KentG, on 24 Nov 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Initially I used a Firebird 15 rd magazine spring and new style (longer) follower in my Roulette magazine and it ran 100% but would only hold 17 rds.

Later I got a genuine Roulette spring and short follower. Excellent quality products. Now it holds the full 18 rds and it still runs 100%.

Bill

So which way is the new ones set up? The Firebird spring and follower or the Roulette spring and follower. I didn't see the follower on their website. Just the complete mag.

I'd bet that all the "complete" magazines currently offered have the short follower and genuine spring. They are advertised to hold 18 rds.

In my case, I bought the Roulette extension and combined it with a factory 5 rd magazine. I heard that folks were having problems with making these run at 100% so Glenn decided to only sell complete magazines.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

• 2 weeks later...