Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in Short Reset Trigger

alma

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. These parts aren't the same but the overall shape is similar except the CZ part is slightly angled on the sides of the edge where the disconector hook used to be. Not sure when I will take my CZ apart next but when I do I will post pics of the actual part if it hasn't already been done.

So, does the Tanfoglio Stock II essentially come with the short reset that you get with the CZ with short reset disconnector?

Like Alma said, the shape is most likely very similar, but that little disconnector can be slightly modified to really improve the takeup and reset. I have modified a couple of them (adding material to file back down to fit) and it works very well. I've tried other methods with great disaser. It's a finiky little piece. :excl: So, NO, the Tanfoglio Stock II's out of the box trigger is nothing special or an improved version. I had an EAA Witness full size steel, which is much cheaper than the Stock II and although it's the same fire control group, the out of the box trigger on that one was much better than my OTB Stock II.

I saw some pics of the CGW disco when it was in developement and that was a radical change. Not sure if that pic is even close to the final product

The CZC SRT disco bears more resemblence to the stock Tanfo one than the stock CZ one, but the CZC one is has a fatter wedge on the front, which is where the short reset comes from. The CGW prototype is a different shape altogether, I'm excited to try one out!

I have a Canik Shark (Tristar T120) in the mail I hope to tune to Shadow-like performance, one of these new discos might be just what the doctor ordered.

Edited by kneelingatlas

Got the short reset connector installed. While I had the gun apart I went ahead and put in a CGW lightened trigger return spring, an 11.5lb mainspring and a lightened firing pin spring. The trigger on this gun is freaking sweet.

Shadow.jpg

I am attaching a picture of the new drop in part as well as a video of it in action.

http://youtu.be/WloOXg9gHZc

You will notice from the video that I am still having some real problems with my double action pull. I can't blame this all on the new mod as I noticed this issue occasionally before adding this part but it seems to be much more of an issue now. Essentially I can pull the DA trigger back without firing the gun; however, single action goes bang 100% of the time. When I have the DA trigger pull depressed I have noticed that sometimes a bit of pressure to one side of the frame or the other might cause the hammer to fall. Does anyone have an idea about what I might try modifying to correct this situation?

Thanks,

Alma

Is the disco pin rubbing on anything on its side?? I had the same problem on my old cz75bd and Dave at CGW told me to look at those pins.

I don't think so. The pin is centered in there pretty well.

Timing is off. Disconnector is not coming off the trigger bar before the trigger bar pushes the hammer back to the sear.

Cut a slight bevel off leading edge of the disconnector wings.

Go slow , if cut too much, the hammer releases early and then the DA stroke feels like crap. ( that's just a personal opinion really).

Timing is off. Disconnector is not coming off the trigger bar before the trigger bar pushes the hammer back to the sear.

Go slow , if cut too much, the hammer releases early and then the DA stroke feels like crap. ( that's just a personal opinion really).

Any chance you could put a line through the picture I attached to show me where I should start to remove material? I can tell it wouldn't take much.

You had originally done the trigger on this gun and I noticed that it looks like quite a bit of work went into shaping and polishing the original disconnector.

Thank you for the help.

Any chance you could put a line through the picture I attached to show me where I should start to remove material? I can tell it wouldn't take much.

You had originally done the trigger on this gun and I noticed that it looks like quite a bit of work went into shaping and polishing the original disconnector.

Thank you for the help.

Here is a zoomed in picture of the part.

The instructions from eerw and Schmeky seem to have hit the nail on the head. I took a very small amount material off, really just breaking the edge. Even that small amount seem to have done the trick and my DA pulls are firing reliably again. Thanks for all the help.

Does anyone know if this will affect the over-travel screw on my trigger? I just got a new 85 combat trigger but don't want to loctite it if its going to need adjusting.

I'm wondering the same

Edited by CZspeed

Is this the same part that costs $135 for install and fitting? The SRTS?

Not the same part. The for sale part should fit in most non-firing pin block guns. Due to varying tolerance, some fitting maybe needed.

Does anyone know if this will affect the over-travel screw on my trigger? I just got a new 85 combat trigger but don't want to loctite it if its going to need adjusting.

I would say yes, if your over travel is dialed in tight with one particular disco, it will need to be adjusted for the same effect on a different disco. The dimension between the edge of the hooks and the hinge pin will effect the release point.

Review of options for short reset disconnectors:

http://czcustom.com/czshortresetdisconnector.aspx

$55+$10 shipping = $65

http://www.cajungunworks.com/short_reset_system_-_srs.html

$38+$5 shipping = $43

I ordered the CZC SHRT. I was not aware CGW’s was available. A few notes:

• Mine required some work. The width of the disconnector was 3.54mm which did not fit my Custom Shadow. The original was 3.47mm.
  • The pin was a PITA to remove. I broke a 1/16 punch.
  • CZC charges $10 shipping despite using a flat rate envelope which costs half that. Sort of physiological, but in the era of “free shipping” this is disagreeable.

Before I measured the SA distance was somewhere around 11.5mm. After the SHRT it went to 4.6mm. I measured this in sort of an odd way (tip of the trigger in relation to the guard at rest compared to where it was when hammer falls). Everything seems to be working ok, and I look forward to trying it out this weekend. No change in DA and SA trigger pull weight.