Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sad News

Tree Rat

I purchased direct from Star for over 8 years. Great quality, great services, and great prices.

For example:

Roze Distribution (Directly from their web site)- 40S&W, 180, FMJ $74.45/1000 (Includes Shipping). An order for 5000 totals $372.25.

Star - 40S&W, 180, FMJ $47.00/1000. I recently purchased 5000 and with $70 shipping added, the total was $305.00, a savings of $67.25 (18%).

18% is a significant difference in price. Unfortunately, Star's demise will possibly fuel price increases from the other suppliers due to the loss of a low cost competitor.

:(

Just for info...

We did a group buy from Zero. The price for their 180 TCFM was $61.15/k (that is the price based on a 30k+ total order).

For 5k, that is $305.75 (shipped from Alabama)...nearly the same as you paid in the past.

I think it sucks that we are losing a source for bullets. Glad there are still a few good surces of bullets out thir for our sport.

GOOD NEWS

Precision Delta has bought the star equipment, and hired one

of there employes. They plan on moving the equipment to MS.

and making the bullets. I think production is suppost to start up

around Feb. here is a link to there site.

http://www.precisiondelta.com

btw there price list is old really old.

Hmmmm....old prices huh? Hope the update doesn't put them into the Zero bullet market for pricing.

I just want to go back to getting 9mm 115's and 124's for $39-4040ish, and 40 S&W 155/165/180 for $56ish again. (TNT gunshow pick-up per 1K).

TR

Actually, those are the current prices for Precision Delta. They were just updated a day or two ago. Previously, 180 grain .40 FMJ's were $44.00/K without a quantity order, and lower as quantity went up. Raw materials have gone up drastically though since then, and consequently everyone's bullet prices are up. If you can order in quantities of greater than 32,000, you can pretty much get the prices you were looking for. Those prices don't include shipping btw (or tax, for those of us from MS).

Bryant

Hope the update doesn't put them into the Zero bullet market for pricing.

I just want to go back to getting 9mm 115's and 124's for $39-4040ish, and 40 S&W 155/165/180 for $56ish again. (TNT gunshow pick-up per 1K).

TR

I order Zero Bullets from the dealer website:

http://www.zerobullets.com/index2.htm

(Note: that is a different website than their RETAIL website. The above sight has lower prices.)

We do a group order to get the best pricing (usually 30k and above).

You do need to run the order with an FFL OR a business license. Somebody in every group likely has a business license (maybe they would let a club do an order at these prices?).

30k level:

- 9mm 115g FMJ = $41.25 (SHIPPED)

- 40 165g TCFM = $58.75 (SHIPPED)

That certainly isn't as handy as stopping by the Star Factory and picking them up 1k at a time, but it beats having to go to from jacketed to plated.

• 11 months later...

Everyone,

Here is some good news. I was at a bowling pin match this weekend (didn't shoot for beans - thanks for asking) and one of the other guys that was there said that Star was back in business. Since I work a couple of blocks from their warehouse I went by at lunch and sure enough I talked to a gentleman and he was running 185 gr LSWC HP. He said they are starting slow and with a limited selection but as business picks up they will be expanding their inventory. He said that they had only sold one machine. So anyone who used Star Products in the past or wants to give them a try should contact them. He gave me a phone number and I looked it up in the local phone book and it is the same number as their old phone number. (317) 872-5840. Hope this helps someone out there. :D

The Precision Delta sales site is at a different location from the main site for the time being, and has current prices www.precisiondeltasales.com. Precision Delta bullets and ammo are listed, however, they do not yet have the Winchester factory products they sell in the on-line sales system.

The easiest way to browse is to select the "products by caliber" and pick the caliber you use.

Their prices on bullets are delivered, however, shipping is added to loaded ammo prices.

I always use to stop at their shop after work, 7 a.m. and pick up my 45 acp, have switched to

Precision bullets, kemp tx. WWW. precisionbullets.com :rolleyes: (black bullet) I think it was 115.00 per2K delivered, they work great and make major with less powder, But Star 2nd's were allways a good bullet

Edited by G+16