Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Duty One

whitea87

As long as the barrel is a bushing barrel, the pistol makes weight and the dustcover meets the following requirement:

"Factory installed light rail attachments if

the dust cover is no longer than 3.25
inches measured from the rear of the
slide stop pin to the front of the dust

cover"

A 1911 is NOT legal in Production!

My reader was lying to me I was referencing Single stack rules but I read the numbers wrong. Should have just said to reference the appendix. Thanks for catching the error.

Edit to add: nope I was right the first time the print version is page 82 and Acrobat says page 88

Edited by StraightUp_OG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I shot a Duty 1 at the 2012 SS Nationals and 3 other major matches. Make sure you get the bushing barrel because they sell them with both.

I added a weld on mag well, tungsten rod and thumbshield, and come in at 42.1oz with a Tripp mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. That is exactly what I needed. Pretty happy with the gun?

Love it. The RM broke within a thousand rounds but no other problems.

The only thing I didn't like is that the rail only accepts clamp on style lights like the stream light TLR and not slide on like Insight.

The gun runs great with all OAL ammo and Tripp or Wilson mags.

Matt-that is because you didn't purchase one of the original run.....I have the one from Patrick Sweeny's article that I had to arrange a special deal with Mr. Skinner for. It has a longer rail/wide dust cover with almost a butler cut and square trigger guard. Rail and bull barrel do not make it legal to shoot SS but it is a fun gun to shoot. My Surefire slides right on/off with no problem....

Matt-that is because you didn't purchase one of the original run.....I have the one from Patrick Sweeny's article that I had to arrange a special deal with Mr. Skinner for. It has a longer rail/wide dust cover with almost a butler cut and square trigger guard. Rail and bull barrel do not make it legal to shoot SS but it is a fun gun to shoot. My Surefire slides right on/off with no problem....

I purchased it January of 2012 from Shooters Connection. I don't know when the original run was. As far as I know after talking with STI, the rails are the same now as on my gun, clamp on only. Chuck sells the D1 with both barrels as well.

Not sure if I like the new style. I'm thinking about picking up a 4" Duty1 and a 4" 2011 tactical before Christmas. Then Rhianna can get her Match Master for open next year :)

• 6 months later...

I have a Duty One 40 s&w. I had to remove the full length guide rod when I added a S&A mag well. I was a hair over with the factory mag. When I put a Tripp mag w/base pad I made weight no problem. It is a very sweet gun. If I was going to buy a 9mm I'd probably buy the Lawman 5.0 since it does not have a rail.