Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brassmonkey Performance Belts still in business?

Aglifter

I spoke to the President this weekend. I think his name is Chris, but I'm bad with names.

He's just coming off a really bad health issue (it's his personal business - I don't want to get more detailed than that) that was keeping him down for a long time. He seemed very committed to making things right with customers who are waiting for product (that includes me).

They're still in business, and he's aware of the problems.

I placed an order about 4 months ago - does anyone know if they were charged for their order back when they placed the order? I don't think I was charged...then again I can't remember exactly what payment information I would've gave them when I ordered...

As was I. He still has his lead time on his website as 4 months. I realize I have a harsher view of such things, as I work in manufacturing, but knowing you won't make a deadline, and stating that you will, is fraud. (I understand there may have been unforeseen circumstances which arose for the prior order, but not talking to people, and still stating a 4 month deadline, is dishonest.)

I have posted warnings about this issue several times, I suggest a search. It took me 3 times the stated lead time, which I believe at the time was around 7-8 weeks.

It's a great belt, but I won't be a repeat customer.

Had the same problem some time ago. I sensed they are just making alibis and not being honest. i cancelled the belt after a long wait and them not responding to my querries. As i said before here, having a good product is not a license to go lousy on cs.

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine on October 2012, and I have yet to receive the belt. At first they were responding to my emails, but starting around March of this year, they have refused to answer any of my queries. I've emailed them and left messages in their website. I think the person I emailed is named Ben.

Does anyone know if they are still taking orders? I just want some closure. If they emailed me and told me that they won't be sending me my belt, I'm totally okay with it. I just don't like being ignored. It is as if they are waiting for ME to cancel the order and relieve them of the responsibility. Why can't they email me and tell me they can't deliver? :angry2: