Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

not setting the alarm

stingerjg

ok last night i run around like a chicken with its head cut off to get my stuff ready for the 3 gun match today. what do i do? i go to bed without setting any alarm. Duh! I was supposed to be there at around 7am to set up a stage <_< . Man im pissed :angry:

Hotel alarm clocks are the worst. I'm paying (well, the company is paying) $150-$250 a night and all I ever get is the cheezy plastic clock-radio that 50% of the time is on PM instead of AM so whatever alarm you set doesn't work anyway.

Hotel alarm clocks are the worst.
Amen!

I travel with one, that I also don't use enough to trust. I set the one that comes with the hotel room. And, I call for a wakeup call from the front desk. One of them allways fails, sometimes two.

Hi guys,

For me, the best solution is using the Alarm Clock function on my Nokia cellular phone, which never leaves my side, so there's no need to remember to pack anything.

When placed on the hotel desk (out of "thumping" reach), it's quite loud, especially when you set it to vibrate too - the wooden desk amplifies the ringing sound and the vibration.

That works great until the battery dies in the middle of the night (been there, done that). It's still what I use mostly..

Ahhh. I forgot to mention that my phone is attached to my charger every night, so the alarm never fails.

• 2 weeks later...