Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bali AustralAsia Championship

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainman

Firstly a warm welcome to the forum.

I'm going to be there and indeed there will be a number of others from here as well. With most competitors staying in the same hotel it should be fairly easy to arrange a get together.

I arrive on Thursday 25 November and will be leaving on Sunday 5 Decmber.

I look forward to meeting you there.

Hi Les,

Another warm welcome to the BE Forums. My old mate Kudo-san from IPSC Japan mentioned you would be attending the match, and I look forward to meeting you there. I arrive on 25 November (with Princess Leia and our two mini-Darths), and I depart on 5 December.

And, yes, the rumours are true. The fabulous Bintang Beer Girls will be back once again, offering free beer each evening at the official match hotel.

Apart from BE Forum stalwarts such as Neil, Myro, Jerome, Joel, Angus, Kees (Yoda) and I, there will be many other famous (infamous?) IPSC personalities present, including Uncle Dave Skinner of STI, and Handgun Range Master Chepit "Underwear Is For Wimps" Dulay.

:P

And, yes, the rumours are true. The fabulous Bintang Beer Girls will be back once again, offering free beer each evening at the official match hotel.

You realize that we'll need photos detailing the ... ehr ... uhm ... get together ... don'tcha? ;)

Also from the forum, Myro Lopez, who happens to be Range Master for the shotgun match...

We definitely buy Myro drinks! Lots of drinks!

A warm welcome to Rainman, who I recently met during our Level III match in Clark. Er, mate, your friend in Fairway has been asking about you..... :wub:

Thanks Neil. I'm looking forward to getting together with old friends in Bali. I'm looking forward to atleast one night of excessive alcohol and partying with you guys.

Chepit (sans underwear) and myself arrive Bali on Nov. 20 and have been tasked to do the "equipment check" on the Bintang Girls. So be good to us and maybe we'll introduce them to you.

See you guys in Bali! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

When it comes to finding sponsors from "outside the box", IPSC Indonesia must be commended for doing such a fantastic job, with prominent companies such as Sampoerna Tobacco, Bank Negara Indonesia, Hyundai, Suzuki, Bintang Beer, Jakarta Airport Services, Hard Rock Cafe Bali, The Jakarta Post, Sidomuncul (herbal medicines), Apacinti (yarn maker), Hemaviton (energy drink), RCTI (television), Mirusa Graha (telecommunications), Maxx-M (lifestyle magazine), Matahari (department store) and Bhirawa Steel all being match sponsors of varying degrees - see here.

Of course we can never forget our trade supporters, such as Armscor, Rudy Project and CR Speed, all of which are truly first class companies, which regularly lend their support to IPSC competitions.

Thank you, one and all, for supporting IPSC shooting.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

For those you who didn't make it ................ and not being one to gloat ...............

You wouldn't have like it anyway .............

Hotel on the beach

Free beer

Swimming pools (2)

Bars (lots)

Restaurants (lots)

Free beer

Back to back HG & SG matches

Did I mention free beer?

Loads of IPSC shooters together in one hotel

There is absolutely nothing going for this match. You wouldn't have like it.

And it would be completely wrong to mention free beer, wouldn't it?

PHIL

I'm sorry you couldn't make it. A b*mmer. I met some of your guys this morning over breakfast. Next time !!!!!!

Regards

Seriously folks, I don't have too much to report just now.

The HG match finished about 1 hour ago and the 2 day SG event starts tomorrow.

It's bl**dy hot! It's bl**dy humid. There are a lot of lobster coloured shooters and ROs and they are coming back to the hotel absolutely knackered but just in time for the free beer (have I ever mentioned the free beer).

No arbitrations but there have been a small number of DQs. Eric Grauffel picked up 1 mike that I'm aware of on the first day.

A lot of moving targets, some very tough particularly some nasty bobbing 6" round plates - I've seen 3 mags emptied at those.

Mike Voigt seemed fairly happy but he's mostly quite positive. I'm squadded with him for the SG match so I'm looking forward to that.

I've seen Angus - the first time in many years and we spent some days talking over some of the old days. I've met Jerome - a real nice guy and I'm sure he's made a lot of new friends.

Phil's crowd from NZ are all good guys. I know I'm missing out on a couple of other names from the forums so far.

I haven't spent much time with Vince but we've both had stuff to do.

I must say all the Balinese people are great. Very friendly, very welcoming. I would definitely love to come back again on vacation.

Oh yeah, and I guess the massage was OK. And the free beer. The pool. The pool bar (swim up to).

If I get some results I'll try to post them when I can but I've got a meeting to attend at 20.00.

More soon. Pictures in due course.

Hic!