Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RL 1050

If it's operational and in the caliber of your choice it's a good deal. If you'll need to switch calibers and replace a lot of other parts, maybe not. I bought mine that way --- used in a different caliber --- for about that price and ended up at about a grand by the time I was done. I'd do it again though --- because I learned how to maintain and trouble shoot it by rebuilding it myself.....

Yep; Sounds like a good deal to me unless something major is worn out. Like Nik said if its set up in the caliber you need that is a bonus but its still a good deal either way.

The only regret I have about my 1050 is that I didnt get it sooner :wub:

Adam

I just paid 1000.00 for a used rl 1050 and it has all the dyes and more one change over so i think i got a very good deal..

been runnin a xl650 love it too but i like the primer feed on the down stroke better it is a lot smoother.

If you dont have to buy many extras it sound like a very good deal

If you want to load long rifle you may want to check into the super 1050 but if you are only loading pistol the rl1050 is great

Leroy

Go for it. I paid $900 for mine used without dies. Had to replace a couple of small parts. Best money I've ever spent. Your offer sounds like a great deal unless something expensive is worn out and needs replaced.

i bought a 1050 a few months ago its one of the oldest rl's that came out its was dirty and got a lot of broken stuff...i sent it off to peter at dillon and he got it all cleaned and fixed "like new"...thats an awesome deal take it..or i will ;)

Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.

It is in my caliber and the dies are set for a 1.2 AOL with a Lee Factory Crimp die as teh last one.

I was able to try it out. I just finished reloading 1300 rounds in it. Everything works fine as far as I can tell.

So I made the committment to buy it.

Again Thanks.

That is so cool that they let you run 1300 rounds off to see if you wanted to buy it. I think you can tell from all the responses that you could easily get all your money out of if you had to B)

When I bought my used 1050 I only had to pull the handle thru one time and I knew I wanted it ;)

Adam