Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open gun changing POI dramatically - Anyone seen this?

gng4life

Prudent, maybe. But, I've never experienced a change of POI just by changing the battery.

However, I have had significant POI shifts when changing the dot module.

Well, good and bad news. Good news it looks like the POI has stabilized after taking off the glare shield but the bad news I can't find my standard cover for the dot module, I just shot it without it on. I also forgot my tools to adjust the sights so I have to go back out. I was in a hurry to get out the door and thought I had everything in my bag. I should be able to get back out on Tuesday to check again and do some live fire so I will know much more then.

Thanks again for all the help, I never would have thought the glare shield would do that. It's been on there for over year, still skeptical but we'll see...

• 3 weeks later...

If your using complete jacked bullets it could be copper build up in the barrel. Clean the barrel with an aggressive cleaner like IOSSO Bore Cleaner. Swab it in your barrel and let it sit for about an hour or two and then clean the barrel. If any green comes out you have copper fouling.

Yeah, it was the glare shield but I noticed my Cmore isn't holding zero as much so it's a combination of problems. I put a new Cmore on it and all is good now. I will be sending the other back for a checkup...

Did you check you comp for carbon build up, look at it very closely? Might want to also give your barrel a good scrubbing & get rid of all the lead & copper build up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem,the elevation adjust ment screw will shift after +- 300 rnds, Tried applying a nail polish on my locking screw, still same problem. the correct zero for my sight is when the elevation screw is at the 10oclock position, after 300+- rnds the elevation screw is at 7oclock position.

• 1 month later...

So my 9Major Open gun has a problem. I'm pretty sure it's the Cmore but I want to see if anyone has seen this before. For over a year, this pistol has been shooting great, no issues at all. A few weeks ago I was at a big match and I noticed I couldn't hit any steel on the first stage. I saw the dirt in the berm so I just moved the dot and down it went. To make a long story short, I found out my point-of-impact had shifted dramatically. For instance, at 3 yds, it could be dead on. At 5 yds, it moves a few inches in the upper left corner. At 7 yds, it moves a few more inches, high and to the left, and so on. At 15 yards, the group was about 12" left and about 12" high. If I adjust the Cmore at 15, then the groups move the other way. This is a full size Open, Cmore in a Quinn II mount.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this and if you think it's the same as me. Also, the mount is rock solid.

Thanks for any input...

I had the same problem. The fix was to take comp off and re-crown barrel. Problem fixed

So my 9Major Open gun has a problem. I'm pretty sure it's the Cmore but I want to see if anyone has seen this before. For over a year, this pistol has been shooting great, no issues at all. A few weeks ago I was at a big match and I noticed I couldn't hit any steel on the first stage. I saw the dirt in the berm so I just moved the dot and down it went. To make a long story short, I found out my point-of-impact had shifted dramatically. For instance, at 3 yds, it could be dead on. At 5 yds, it moves a few inches in the upper left corner. At 7 yds, it moves a few more inches, high and to the left, and so on. At 15 yards, the group was about 12" left and about 12" high. If I adjust the Cmore at 15, then the groups move the other way. This is a full size Open, Cmore in a Quinn II mount.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this and if you think it's the same as me. Also, the mount is rock solid.

Thanks for any input...