Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 vs Glock 35

kmca

Can someone tell me what's the difference between the 22 and the 35, other than the obvious barrel/slide length? It will be used as a back up for USPSA Limited and Production. Possibly used for GSSF local matches.

Thanks.

Can someone tell me what's the difference between the 22 and the 35, other than the obvious barrel/slide length? It will be used as a back up for USPSA Limited and Production. Possibly used for GSSF local matches.

Thanks.

What will be used as a backup, the G22 or the G35? The G35 is a good gun for Production or Limited as well as for GSSF matches.

The G35 comes with a "-" connector and an adjustable rear sight. Other than the slide length, the slide has a relief cut in the top.

Chris

Edited by cohland

So the triggers are also different?

The G35 will have a lighter trigger pull, around 4.5-5.5#, due to the use of the "-" connector. I know that the "-" connector is supposed to provide a 3# trigger pull, but I have never measured one as having that effect without other work, and I have measured a number of them. Interestingly, Glock advertises the pull of the Gen4 G35 to be "~5.5 lbs".

Chris

Edited by cohland

I disagree on the extended parts. I as well as a lot of other prefer the non extended mag release and slide stop on a glock. If I am allowed to modify it ie not on a production gun I like a modified rounded over "mid length" mag release which Is an extended on rounded over with all the corners and sharp edges on the top rounded over and between the std one and the extended one If I cant modify it, i run the short one

Extended slide stop and mag release also. In my opinion both are required to make a glock shootable.

Good catch, I forgot that those parts are included.

I'm a lefty, but I have just decided to adapt to the mag release on the left side, and I don't find the extended version to be of any benefit to me. Because I'm a lefty my right thumb is not in any danger of touching the extended Slide Stop Lever (SSL), but I know several right-handed Glock competition shooters who have reverted to the standard SSL because they were inadvertently bumping it with their left thumb, causing either inappropriately-timed slide stops, or having the slide fail to stop when it should. The fact that Glock puts those parts on the guns at least indicates that they are taking some steps to accommodate competitors.

I have to admit that reason that I like the G35 for USPSA Production is that a steel target, hit about anywhere by the .40 S&W, will go DOWN, and this has not always been my experience with 9mm. Shooting the 180-grain bullets found in some target ammunition (remember when we could buy target ammunition?), recoil is not a problem as long as you grip the gun reasonably well, at least in my humble experience.

Chris

Why would you get a Glock as a back up to a XD? Why not just get the XD?

Because I'm won it off a prize table :)

Nice. I would consider selling it to get the XD. They are pretty different guns in my opinion.

If you plan to use the G35 for a GSSF match, you will only be able to use it in the "Competition" division and no where else. With the G22, you can enter any full frame division (including competition) and compete. Now, understand that I'm only talking about GSSF, and not any other association.

If you plan to use the G35 for a GSSF match, you will only be able to use it in the "Competition" division and no where else. With the G22, you can enter any full frame division (including competition) and compete. Now, understand that I'm only talking about GSSF, and not any other association.

Oh well, there's only one GSSF match around here anyway :P

At least, now I can participate :)

Actually the Glock slide release is a non event. The first thing I remove from a 34 or 35 is the extended release. I swap it for a standard with one of my left handed friends. The release can be tweeked a little so you never have to touch it when seating the mag. The slide will go forward automatically.