Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to forum. From California!

Abody

Hello All

Just recently got into shooting and am waiting for my eaa witness elite match to get out of jail. I did some research and finally decided on this gun to dabble in competitive shooting. Not sure if I will stick with it so I didnt want to make a huge investment. Any advice for mods or reading material is always much appreciated!

-Andy

For USPSA or IDPA competition the modifications allowed will vary depending on the division you shoot it. I might suggest looking at the rule book, which are downloadable, to determine which modifications are allowed once you determine what division you want to shoot in. This also includes what holsters are allowed as well.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I already reload for my 308 so I already went ahead and got a 9mm die set along with some primers (walked into a turners with a 1k box left... lucky me!)

I will definitely begin to read the the rules for the different competitions but my aim at getting this gun was to put a compensator on. I have ALWAYS wanted to own a compensated pistol after i shot one at the range one time. So this gun will most likely be for open.

I have already did a little research on how to get a comp on this pistol and it doesnt sound easy. I basically gathered that I will need a 6" barrel (probably will have to cut and recrown), long guide rod, and the compensator itself with smithing work. Anything I missed or is inaccurate?

Again, thanks for the warm welcome!

Edit: I am in Southern California, Orange County to be exact. Anyone know any reputable smiths that will work with the witness match or 1911's? (im on a spending spree and am already contemplating getting this gun. Most likely a double stack and keep it mainly stock until I decide what I will use it for)

Edited by Abody

Thought you couldn't use hi-cap mags in Calif? Going to be

tough to shoot OPEN with 10 round mags. If I were going

to shoot that gun in OPEN, I'd have ordered the OPEN gun

with the comp from the factory.

But, if you can, OPEN is a Blast !!! Have a ball with it. :cheers:

Thanks again everyone. I already love this forum!

I will definitely give Jojo and Jimmy a call and see what my options are.

Yea we can still own high caps. Just cannot purchase them.

I purchased that gun because of the cost. I think the open gun versions with comps already installed ran around 2k. So far I have ordered c more and mount and am still under the 1k mark. Saving up the money to shoot more =).

Hopefully I will meet some of the fellow CA folks at the next shoots.

Thanks again everyone. I already love this forum!

I will definitely give Jojo and Jimmy a call and see what my options are.

Yea we can still own high caps. Just cannot purchase them.

I purchased that gun because of the cost. I think the open gun versions with comps already installed ran around 2k. So far I have ordered c more and mount and am still under the 1k mark. Saving up the money to shoot more =).

Hopefully I will meet some of the fellow CA folks at the next shoots.

Get your but to the Norco running gun matches on Saturdays..

You will meet Jojo and Jimmy there, find some of the best shooting in the nation, and preaty much find out everything there is to know about competition..

http://nrg.jvdynamics.com/nrg/

If you're in oc and you're not going to the NRG matches you are f'ing up :)

I'm there every Saturday so don't be shy..

Welcome to the forum!

Thought you couldn't use hi-cap mags in Calif?

Not true. You can't buy them anymore. Posession is not illegal.

Welcome to Brian's Forum...This is the place for Practical Shooters.

Interesting comment about hi-caps. I always switch to 10 round mags when I travel to CA! I must check that out!

Good luck in your shooting.