Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building two limited guns, need advices on top ends

lawboy

What will your friend be doing? A qualified machinist with gunsmithing experience can do a lot more than a gunsmith with just the ability to assemble the the parts, or even do some minor work on fitting trigger parts. The big question here is does he have the machinist equipment to do custom work?

I went with Caspian slide because they willl build it your way, and Scheuman barrel caues it flat out shoot's.

STI slides are readily available as well !!!

Edited by ronin16

Thanks everyone. I am leaning towards STI slide and Kart barrel but I cannot seem to find any Karts so Scheumann may get the nod. My gunsmith has the skill and equipment to do custom work. These will be complete custom guns, including machining the rails and other work. I am thinking Koeing ignition parts, or maybe EGW. Not sure yet on the safeties, msh or magwell. STI mag release will likely be used with a Wilson button head. Not sure what the rest of it will be yet. Going slowly, trying to figure it out, lol.

SV extra wide ambi safeties are the tits. EGW oversized firing pin stop, M2I long firing pin, EGW barstock slide stop, Schuemann barrels are in all of my guns but SV barrels are very nice also. I just got a gun from AKAI with one of theirs and I really like it.

My new gun has the SV Steel grip and I really like the way it soaks up the recoil. I have guns with STI aluminum, SV and STI plastic, and now the SV steel grips. I would really suggest the steel grip route. The SV is very nice and is the originator of that, but the way Glenn Rasch talks, the Phoenix Trinity one is awesome as well.