Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock video

waktasz

Shot my first match with my full Open division rig. It's a Glock 22 slide with Trijicon RMR low mounted in the slide, a KKM barrel and comp and that's pretty much it. I put this top end on my Limited gun and it makes a good, although maybe not ideal Open gun.

Ful match breakdown here

http://www.super-tac...pen-season.html

Edited by waktasz

Video quality with the glasses cam is the best that I have seen out of a "glasses cam" setup. Not quite contour, or GoPro but much less intrusive. The hat has to go. Also, no need to show back to back runs of the same stage from two different angles. I used to do that and didn't realize how annoying it was until now. Use both cameras but cut from one to the other but keep the run real time.

nice commentary.

I am not a master video editor. I was thinking of doing picture in picture but it didn't come out very well. Personally, I like showing the same run from both angles in its entirety. The POV cam is cool but not really that helpful for reviewing after the match. I learn more from the 3rd person shots but I don't always have someone to run the camera for me.

The Pivothead glasses are just as good as the GoPro IMO but something between my video editor (free Windows movie maker) and the Youtube encoding dulls the quality a bit. The raw file looks glorious on my 62" TV.

I use a Tachyon HD camera and mount it on my earpro. I also have a buddy film me if at all possible.

My YouTube channel is: sousa33

I got some good video I think.

All this criticism - I guess I better show some of my work. This match was a three camera shoot. Honestly, I edit my videos for the enjoyment of the viewer, not do much to learn from.

If you plan out your cameras, it really isn't that big of a deal to run three cameras.

The gun looks to be running pretty flat. Have you considered getting a more efficient compensator? You could add a Carver 4 port comp and that gun would run paper flat. I used to run a 40 in open before switching to 9mm major. My 40 was much easier to tune and it ran dead flat.

Not really. I got the KKM barrel and comp as a unit and hand't really thought about any alternatives. I'm putting this rig away until the fall anyway so I can practice for the upcoming majors.