Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does having grip tape on magazine base change your division?

Zmego

This question came up while discussing this with a buddy of mine. He said that because I have the DP numbered grip tape on my magazines that it would change me from Limited to Open. Is this true? I tried to find the rule but I got lost.

If the grip tape is on the bottom of your mag base pads and that tape causes your mags to be too long for the gauge for Limited class... welcome to open. Yes, it can happen. If your mags still fit in the gauge you are good to go in Limited.

Pat

If the grip tape is on the bottom of your mag base pads and that tape causes your mags to be too long for the gauge for Limited class... welcome to open. Yes, it can happen. If your mags still fit in the gauge you are good to go in Limited.

Pat

+1.

And BTW, it ain't a Class....it's a Division.

This question came up while discussing this with a buddy of mine. He said that because I have the DP numbered grip tape on my magazines that it would change me from Limited to Open. Is this true? I tried to find the rule but I got lost.

Yes it'd bump you from Production to Open if the gun won't fit in the box (very, very, VERY unlikely) or if it causes it to go over weight (also very, very, VERY unlikely) but otherwise it's legal.

Yes it'd bump you from Limited to Open if it caused the mags to not fit the gauge (141.5mm) but otherwise it's legal.

A friend of mine, Jeff Bailey, was shooting a big match and he got bumped a couple years ago.

I believe the rule for Production was changed recently (2011 or 2012 maybe). Edited by spanky