Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DILLON ON EBAY!?

THe more I read the internet, the more I start believing there should be a user logic test & fee to post on it.

Quit judging what other people need & when they need it unless you want to run for office.

Quit judging what other people need & when they need it unless you want to run for office.

What give politicians the right to judge what other people need and when they need it?

Edited to add: I just remembered I said I would cut it out... I guess that makes me a liar.

Edited by kneelingatlas

I think yall may want to find another thread to read....

If I were a moderator I'd declare this one done.

permit me to translate the last two posts to explain my thinking

goddam army! goddam army jeep!

g'head! knock it off

ain't no one here not frustrated.

I had plans to get a press.... those will wait.

miranda

What give politicians the right to judge what other people need and when they need it?

Edited to add: I just remembered I said I would cut it out... I guess that makes me a liar.

My politician remark was 900% sarcasm;)

My politician remark was 900% sarcasm;)

It looks like we're all on the same page then!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 1050 back in December so I recently put my Dillon 550B and a Dillon trimmer up for sale on the ARFCOM EE.

Because I wasn't that anxious to sell it I asked only a few dollars less than a new press and trimmer.

Nobody even responded to me, which was fine.

I think this is very good example that WHERE you try to sell an item is probably a major determinant on what price you might attain. EBAY has worldwide exposure and a reputation. I am not aware of the ARFCOM EE but I would bet they represent a Market where informed buyers buy a narrow market of goods.

EBay represents a lot more than that as we know, as most everyone takes a look early on at EBay when they have(feel) a need for an item that's not readily sold locally or want to get some idea of what an item is worth. A comment earlier about asking and selling or closed prices is to be recognized for its importance.

I think that WHERE and the free market are wonderful assets when you are selling and like the Equity markets they offer a wonderful haven for the speculators and flippers.. More power to them as there is risk and they are rewarded or not as the lot comes up to the final 1 minute. Buyers can win as they do every day by being careful and disciplined so that the emotion of the last minute auction activity does not cause them to emotionally react and regret that experience.

The social and political mood around guns and ammunition for the last several years has all of us attuned to scarcity, self protection(need mine now) and uncertainty as to when(or if) the world will ever get back to normal. Some are taking advantage of this emotional state of uncertainty to price goods in accord with their perception of the market and its laws of supply and demmand. I would suppose that reality is a personal matter of judgement and we all know that we have to be careful not to over react to today's market moods.

Chuck

I spoke with a vendor who had 9mm 650's out of stock on their web page. I spoke with them on the phone and he said to just buy from their eBay store at $200 more. Yeah right!!

I recently sold my 550 for $600 and used that to pick up a 650. Came in a whopping 6 days :)

" Strong mount" is a misnomer.

You have a solid cast frame that is ridged or it cracks, end of story, game over. You add more parts that are 11ga steel and bolt them to the frame, then to the bench and think its more stable?

They should call it a "it doesn't hang over the edge of the bench mount", but that doesn't have the same ring to it....

" Strong mount" is a misnomer.

You have a solid cast frame that is ridged or it cracks, end of story, game over. You add more parts that are 11ga steel and bolt them to the frame, then to the bench and think its more stable?

They should call it a "it doesn't hang over the edge of the bench mount", but that doesn't have the same ring to it....

oh I dunno...

lets see if you give it a German name? maybe that will give it a tactical twist.

I give you Ze Stanzitupandholdzitgoot!

the German teacher at my high school if he ever read that

would paint my name on a baseball bat.

miranda

Edited by Miranda

Even in these weird times you can get a good deal if you are patient and watch closely. I ordered a 650 from Brian in early May that I'm waiting on. In the interim I bought a complete setup on here for 9,45 and 223. It came with practically everything I needed and was about 15-20% less than list.

When my building is finished and I start setting up my bench, I'll have two 650's and my MEC 9000g setup in my private man cave.

****Don't know why the pic is upside down. It might be because I'm on a iPad

post-29172-0-86371800-1370997263_thumb.j

Edited by jaffo