Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore vs EzWinScore and classifiers

CHA-LEE

It's like I said before. This is because of the legacy Palm interface. The information transferred is very limited, and among the many things that don't move back and forth is whether it's a classifier or not.

Which means the palm people (Hi Jim!) have been putting up with this for years. We just had to rediscover it ourselves.

It's like I said before. This is because of the legacy Palm interface. The information transferred is very limited, and among the many things that don't move back and forth is whether it's a classifier or not.

Which means the palm people (Hi Jim!) have been putting up with this for years. We just had to rediscover it ourselves.

I disagree. This is NOT an issue with the Palm/StageScore solution.

Well... sure it is. The palm interface that Rob wrote into ezwinscore does not bring over the bit switch which marks a given stage is a classifier. It just doesn't. Is there a workaround for it? Sure, we're all using it. But you still HAVE to mark the stage as a classifier.

You can create all the stages on Practiscore. Then you import the stages into EzWinScore, go to the stages you've defined as classifiers, select the 'Classifier' drop-down and change it to 'Yes', select the classifier number, import your shooters, then import scores. The only requirement is that the scoring type and target counts for the stage you define in Practiscore match what the actual classifier configuration is.

I should clarify this. I wrote StageScore for Palm, as well as some of the interface to Ezwin. The fact that it is a classifier is past to Ezwin. It also validates the classifier was setup correctly on the Palm. Try setting up a classifier incorrectly and import it and you'll see what I mean. I don't know what PS does. Thx.

I should clarify this. I wrote StageScore for Palm, as well as some of the interface to Ezwin. The fact that it is a classifier is past to Ezwin. It also validates the classifier was setup correctly on the Palm. Try setting up a classifier incorrectly and import it and you'll see what I mean. I don't know what PS does. Thx.

In that case I wonder if you have details on Stages_P.txt and Stages_Extra_P.txt files formats? I'd like to fix files generated by PractiScore... It's odd that stages export file from EzWS app is not the same as a stage import file.

In that case I wonder if you have details on Stages_P.txt and Stages_Extra_P.txt files formats? I'd like to fix files generated by PractiScore... It's odd that stages export file from EzWS app is not the same as a stage import file.

Sorry, no I can't provide that info. I have a non-disclosure agreement with USPSA, and will not push the limits of that agreement. However, this really is no brainer stuff if you have access to Ezwin code. StageScore and other Palm systems make no use of stage files exported from Ezwin, so I can't address the "oddity". Thx.

Sorry, no I can't provide that info. I have a non-disclosure agreement with USPSA, and will not push the limits of that agreement. However, this really is no brainer stuff if you have access to Ezwin code. StageScore and other Palm systems make no use of stage files exported from Ezwin, so I can't address the "oddity". Thx.

I won't be asking if I had the code. Thanks anyway. :)

Guess I'll just resort to reverse engeneering files if I could find someone stagescore who could create and send them to me...

I won't be asking if I had the code. Thanks anyway. :)

Guess I'll just resort to reverse engeneering files if I could find someone stagescore who could create and send them to me...

If they had sent you a copy of ezws, that would pretty much tell everyone that you are on the in's at USPSA and therefore it would not be a violation of non-disclosure. But even if you had the ezws project files, it still wouldn't help as you probably don't have Powerbuilder, which is the language of ezws.

Try contacting Jim Norman, who I think still uses Palms and Stagescore. Maybe he can send you some sample files.

• 2 weeks later...

It seem like I've been able to nail classifier flag issue down and fix will be available in Android 1.1.3 verion in a next few days. Anyone interested to help us with testing please email support@practiscore.com

We just posted PractiScore 1.1.3 for Android that includes fix for importing classifiers into ezws, along with several other fixes.

There is also UI change in USPSA scoring screen. The target scoring had been merged into the main scoring screen and we simplified confirmation dialogs when exiting scoring screen.

Full change log for this and previous releases can be found at https://practiscore.com/android-version

How do you make the keyboard go away after entering the time? There's a "checkmark" button that doesn't seem to do anything.

I like this, though. You can tap in penalties or missed steel while the stage is in progress while focus remains on the time textbox.

Edited by wgnoyes

So I'm playing with this on my G2 phone. After I enter time and scores, I hit Review. Now what? I don't have an option to save or anything.

Also, if I tap an already scored shooter, how do I get to the time and target scoring screen to fix any errors?

Edited by jcwren