Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore and Steel Challenge matches

Tom Mainus

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the format for that file from the tech guy... he says it will be quickest and best if we generate the file. So we will, on iOS, this week.

Ken N.

That's awesome. You guys are a God send.

Edited by jdphotoguy

I'm getting the format for that file from the tech guy... he says it will be quickest and best if we generate the file. So we will, on iOS, this week.

Ken N.

Thank you very much! You guys are awesome!

Ken N.

Get 'er done before Saturday and I'll run my iPad as master to test. I have testlfight account already setup with you guys.

Ken N.

Get 'er done before Saturday and I'll run my iPad as master to test. I have testlfight account already setup with you guys.

Are you test flighted with us? Then it's doable.

Ken N.

Are you test flighted with us? Then it's doable.

See the bold portion of my quote :). I know long day for you. I actually got a new beta last night to test for other modifications. Also I don't now what I was thinking my next match is also on 28 June. We shoot USPSA this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on the Steel Challenge upload? If it's not something you think can be done before this Friday, is there any chance I can get a copy of the CSV file format the EzSteel generates, so I can create my own conversion?

I really hate having to manual enter the scores from PS to EzSteel.

And it can't be said enough, the work you guys are doing with PractiScore is fantastic and greatly appreciated, by myself and the hundreds of folks that shoot at our four monthly matches.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Any word on the Steel Challenge upload? If it's not something you think can be done before this Friday, is there any chance I can get a copy of the CSV file format the EzSteel generates, so I can create my own conversion?

And it can't be said enough, the work you guys are doing with PractiScore is fantastic and greatly appreciated, by myself and the hundreds of folks that shoot at our four monthly matches.

It's in final testing/tweaking. I've been out doing USPSA Junior Camp, but I'll ask Russ where it is. That was the state 4 or 5 days ago, before I disappeared for that. (-:

It's in final testing/tweaking. I've been out doing USPSA Junior Camp, but I'll ask Russ where it is. That was the state 4 or 5 days ago, before I disappeared for that. (-:

Thanks for the update and also thanks for helping out at the Junior Camp.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Russ reports he's sending it to initial field testers tomorrow. How long after that will depend on what they report.

That is awesome news! Our match is this coming weekend so I can upload some real results to the SCSA web site as part of the test.

I'll email Russ about wanting to help test. Have a SC match from last month that we scored using PS and then I rekeyed into EzSteel. Also have a SC match this Saturday.

Edited by jdphotoguy

I'll email Russ about wanting to help test. Have a SC match from last month that we scored using PS and then I rekeyed into EzSteel. Also have a SC match this Saturday.

JD - Didn't you know you have to enter at least 6 matches manually in EzSteel before you can try PS only? :).

Eliminating EzSteel step will be great. Once they get the web site bugs worked out related to steel challenge registration we steel challenge MD's will be set.

JD - Didn't you know you have to enter at least 6 matches manually in EzSteel before you can try PS only? :)

1 down, 5 to go.

• 5 months later...

Our local club just started Steel Challenge matches, and I'm inputting our steel match results for the first time. We're using Practiscore. We're able to transfer our "regular" matches from Practiscore to Ezwin. I'm trying to figure out how to transfer from Practiscore to EzSteel......I'm assuming there's still no way right now? If there is, is there a step by step instructions? Thanks

You can submit results to SCSA from Practiscore. Go to "View Results" and then "Activity/Classifier Report" and it will create the .csv file and email it to you. All you have to do is upload the .csv via the SCSA submission page and you're all set. Note that this is for iOS, I'm not sure about Android. The Practiscore developers did an awesome job with this, and I was able to submit both local matches and the PA State Championship Level 2 match using Practiscore this year.

Awesome!! We received our steel packet with our club code, etc. Just uploaded our results! Thank you! I'm glad I asked or else I would have been re-keying everything. The only problem I ran into was when I clicked on the online pay link on the steel challenge website, it went to a page that cannot be displayed. Being the first time doing this, I'm not sure if they currently don't accept online payments, or we have to snail mail the payment. Maybe it's just a hiccup in the system right now.

Edited by ConeKiller