Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore and Steel Challenge matches

Tom Mainus

Thanks! Anxiously awaiting for several reasons. Glad to hear there was a good reason it was delayed.

Thanks for being on here and giving us updates Ken. Its hard to face a critical crowd and I respect you a lot for that. Looking forward to the changes!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Bump

How is the effort going to add the export for ezsteel?

I doubt seriously we'll ever see such an export from PractiScore. If anything we'll see a way to upload directly from PractiScore, but that's just a guess on my part. It's a pain to use PractiScore for the match and then re-key everything into EzSteel for uploading to the SCSA web site but that's what I do. Having my wife call out times helps speed up the process though.

I completed the data layout analysis for SCSA export file, but the task been put on hold because it been said that things supposed to change in the near future.

I completed the data layout analysis for SCSA export file, but the task been put on hold because it been said that things supposed to change in the near future.

I've seen a bunch of changes on the SCSA web site. Things are pretty hosed up there now. I imagine the conversion from 4-digit SCSA numbers to USPSA numbers didn't get nearly as well as hoped/planned. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Our USPSA club just became a SCSA affiliated club as well and I'm trying to determine if there is a way to upload match scores to SCSA using PractiScore instead of EzSteel?

I know EzSteel can be used to generate the .CSV file SCSA needs, but I don't own a Windows PC nor do I want to. So does anyone know what the EzSteel generated .CSV file layout looks like, so I can parse the PractiScore match data and generate the file?

Our USPSA club just became a SCSA affiliated club as well and I'm trying to determine if there is a way to upload match scores to SCSA using PractiScore instead of EzSteel?

I know EzSteel can be used to generate the .CSV file SCSA needs, but I don't own a Windows PC nor do I want to. So does anyone know what the EzSteel generated .CSV file layout looks like, so I can parse the PractiScore match data and generate the file?

I'll send you one.

I'll send you one.

Thank you kind sir.

The last I've heard USPSA was planning to grab results for both steel challenge and uspsa matches from the practiscore.com site. So, our own development been put on hold.

We and the USPSA are working on the part now where their automatic calculation of activity and classifiers happens by pulling data direct from PS. Priority is regular USPSA matches, then Steel Challenge. The first is pretty close, I don't think the second technically hard but may hold up pending administrative changes to how SCSA classifications work. I don't have much insight (or any really) into that. I'll see what info I can get.

Partition and run boot camp if you really want, but I recommend getting VMware fusion (my choice and it doesn't cost much) or oracle virtual box (free) and run windows as a guest machine under vm so you can keep OS X up at the same time.

Not that my opinion really matters but I don't like the idea of USPSA pulling anything official from the Practiscore.com web site. We all know EzWS and EzSteel are going away eventually but no one knows when this is going to happen. I see this as a logistical nightmare. As a match director what am I supposed to do post to Practiscore.com and then wait for USPSA to send me an invoice for activity fees after they've pulled the data from practiscore.com? Or do I post results to practiscore.com and then post some other file to USPSA to pay my fee?

I am speculating, but after you upload results to practiscore.com site you could go to uspsa site, punch in your club name, select match from the list pulled from the practiscore.com, then confirm amount and select method of payment. No files to send around.

I am speculating, but after you upload results to practiscore.com site you could go to uspsa site, punch in your club name, select match from the list pulled from the practiscore.com, then confirm amount and select method of payment. No files to send around.

That could work but I still want to see official results on the official web site be it USPSA or steel challenge match. I go there for official results and I suspect others do as well.

USPSA staff might not be aware of the details. It's a Ken & Boudrie & Rick (USPSA web dude) thing, and is work in progress.

Here is current plan:

- you designate a match, in PS upload, for submission to USPSA as activity. You can only do this if you are a) logged into USPSA ecosystem (or do log in) and are approved club contact.

- when that match is tagged for activity / classifier submission, it is pulled in by USPSA web services where magic currently being developed happens

- it presents you with a bill, finalizes all activity and classification system update on payment. I believe current druther is immediate payment with CC, but there may be a way to pay with check. I don't know that, but will ask.

- classifications are immediate, but there may be a short delay for sanity checking or for you to go "oops" didn't mean that.

- there will be checks to ensure the same match isn't submitted or paid for twice. All matches in PS have unique ids that never change.

- classifier correction is done by PS edit, and repost. It will only recalculate changed scores for shooters that had a score in the same match id.

He and I are chatting tomorrow, and I'll report the general scheme changes dramatically.

Ken N.

Edited by Ken N.