Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets, compiled test data by Darrell to date.

Darrell

I compiled all my Bayou Bullet test data in one PDF file for you perusal. It includes chrono and accuracy in 3 guns, My Dan Wesson PM9 which I just changed to a Kart Barrel, my EAA limited 9mm my most accurate 9mm, and my CZ Shadow my production work horse. The CZ isn't as accurate as I would like but I'm planning on getting the new model with the barrel bushing mod that supposedly cut the 50 yd groups in half. I normally like the Bayou 135's as my main go to bullet, but now I like the feel of the 160's with N320 for USPSA, and the 105's with WST for steel. If anyone has any suggestions or comments I'd appreciated it. Hopefully this info can save you guys some time and money in your pursuit for a load with Bayou's. As always YMMV, so start low and work up. These loads were all tested by me in my guns.

Bayou Bullets Compiled Test Data.pdf

Edited by Darrell

I have been running the 160s over 3.0 of N320 or 3.2 of Solo in my Shadow from some time now. I have found it in my informal testing and matches to be a very accurate combination (N320 more so) and a ludicrously easy round to shoot. Thanks for doing the Ransom testing to confirm what I thought.

I think you will really like the barrel bushing. I had it done to my TS and it does seem to make a measurable improvement in accuracy. It is on my list to have done to my Shadow in the future as well.

Darrell:

I have been following your Bayou bullet 9mm work. I was about to give up on my Springfield 9mm 1911 untill I drove the BBI 147s over 1,000fps with 4.2 grains of WST. 2-3/4" groups at 25 yards with the butt of the gun on a sandbag. Half the size I got with 3.8 grains of the same powder. I am curious to see if you can duplicate this or is it limied to the Springfield barrel.

Charlie