Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR speed belts

ogiebb

i recently received my Black Cr speed belt which i had exchanged from a red one. but i was pretty much suprised that this belt (inner) does not have the polymer or plastic insert in it..it is just a plain old thick inner belt..totally different from the one i had before ...are these the old style belts?

• 3 weeks later...

Just received two new belts, a regular black and another with red trim. The regular black inner belt arrived also without polymer or plastic inserts....and the red trim inner belt arrived with polymer, but both are not 100% similar to the old belt I have, which without any doubt is much better constructed. Strange...

I just bought one with the red trim and I'm so happy that I ordered another one.

They are the most rigid belt I've tried so far.

It's really nice, especially on my open rig because the front mag pouches stays in place and do not move like on my previous Safariland belt.

Can you folks tell me what you are talking about regarding polymer or plastic inserts?? I just took delivery on two black ones & they are like my friend's who suggestion CR. My only disapointment was in that the velcro is not firmly attached or sewed on the ends. Thanks!!

Good & Safe Shooting - JC - :)

Can you folks tell me what you are talking about regarding polymer or plastic inserts?? I just took delivery on two black ones & they are like my friend's who suggestion CR. My only disapointment was in that the velcro is not firmly attached or sewed on the ends. Thanks!!

the inner belts are the ones that have the plastic inserts in them..i received my belt without the inserts in them before ,they are too thick and cant fit in my belt loops i returned them for the ones with the plastic inserts..and im happy now :)

I think I get it. The inner belt has the velcro on "both" sides of a plastic insert. In other words, the insert is actually the belt, with velcro on both sides of it. If that is the case, then mine is ok. It will fit through the belts loops. I haven't checked my wife's yet. Want to catch this quickly if I (we) have the wrong stuff. Thanks Much! Good & Safe Shooting - JC - :)

• 2 weeks later...
My only disapointment was in that the velcro is not firmly attached or sewed on the ends. Thanks!!

Yup, I agree. Here in the philippines, one of the most popular belts is the one made by JR Speed.

ResizeofIMG_0385.jpg

Its similar to that of CR Speed except that its inner belt doesn't have the plastic insert. Picture below shows the difference between the two, the one curling up like a snake is CR Speed's. Though that of JR Speed has the ends sewed.

innerbelt.jpg

Got the JR while waiting for my CR whose delivery 3 mos. ago was delayed due to factors beyond contol. Comparing the two:

Inner belt firmness - CR Speed

Outerbelt firmness - JR Speed

Quality - Tie

Overall Appeal - Tie

Value for money - JR Speed. way cheaper ;)

Ogiebb,

You should get one of JR's when you return here. His belt has drastically improved compared to the early models which were very poor in terms of firmness.

9MX,

Can you tell me where to get the JR with the IPSC logo. I have a friend that will be traveling in the area and would like to pick up a couple of them up.

Thanks

check your mail! ;)