Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon DVD

The DVD is pretty good but there are a lot of videos on the net that are just as good in my opinion. Either way it is up to you but I have found after watching that stuff once I always turn to the net when I have an issue anyways.

The DVD is pretty good but there are a lot of videos on the net that are just as good in my opinion. Either way it is up to you but I have found after watching that stuff once I always turn to the net when I have an issue anyways.

Exactly. There were only a few things that the dvd spotlighted that i couldnt seem to find anywhere on the net. And of course, i cant remember what those things were :angry:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the DVD for my 550 and thought it was OK. I'm very visual so I think it did help a little. Can't say it was worth the $20, but if I had not used for setup first, I may have a different opinion. Even with the DVD, I still had to stop and reference the manual to answer a couple of questions.

The Manual is very good, but I'd feel better paying $10 to $12 for the DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at buying a new 650. In going through Brian's site, I couldn't see where / whether I can get the Dillon instructional DVD. Did I miss it? Is it included?

The DVDs are on all the (4) presses "main" pages.

I bought a XL650 from Brian a few months ago and wished I had purchased the DVD. If this isn't your first press, you probably won't need the DVD. If you are like me, and bought the 650 as your first press - GET THE DVD! Youtube is full of moans groans and unboxing videos. There isn't a video that explains how to set up from start to finish.

The paper manual assumes you are seasoned reloader and doesn't explain things from a brand new reloader perspective.

The manual I got with my press is out of date. Dillion has changed the angle of the bullet feeder support arm that holds it in place. The bullet plate is installed differently on the strong mount. The optional strong mount puts the press on top of your bench.

One last tip - If you decide to get the strong mount... DONT mount it to the center of the table. You won't have enough clearance to fully lower the roller arm. You want to mount the strong mount no more than 1.5 inches back from the edge of your bench.

• 2 weeks later...

I follow the Dillon paper manual step by step and do just fine. Dillon has been around longer than the internet and DVD's...it's not too hard to do without.

+1 just read and follow the instruction

Another +1.