Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35

kevin c

Just got my 35. The extended release bites the web of my weak hand every shot. It hasn't drawn blood yet, but that's because I only had time to put two mags through it.

Am I really gonna get dinged in GSSF Amateur Comp Class, USPSA Production Class, and IDPA SSP if I replace or grind on that sucker? :unsure:

can't speak for GSSF, USPA production says no grinding or exterior alterations, though you could replace it with the non-extended version.

Or you could go ahead and do what you want, hope nobody notices or sees it come chrony stage, hope you don't win anything so it can be taken away from you by being turned in by a disgruntled shooter who you beat because of that tremendous advantage a tenth of an inch of plastic will give you.... ;)

There is no shame in de-horning the extremely sharp Glock mag release. Mine's worn down to the nub from carry wear. Anyone going to file a protest or move me to open because of an illegal "modification"? I don't think so.

From what I understand for the Rules on the G34/35's you can swap out the extended parts for the standard parts. Now, if you had a standard model you couldn't use the extended mag release or slide stop, examples: 17, 22. I'm not sure on modifying factory parts but hey if it prematurely wears down who can blame you? (I think the extended stops also cost more $$ to replace.)

I have no problem with the extended slide stop but I replaced my extended mag release awhile back do to unintentional mag drops while CCW, and it digging into my side or back. When shooting IDPA I don't even notice that it's not extended anymore but I do notice when the weapon is reholstered. (** a proper holster would also have remedied this)

• 2 weeks later...