Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PRP trigger

WidowsSon683

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigger came in today, I just put it in. It's a ridiculously short reset, light pull, and crisp break. I don't have enough material sanded off, the trigger breaks oh say about 1/1000th of an inch before the overtravel stop touches the frame.

I am also looking pretty hard at this trigger. I have watched the videos numerous times already. How long did it take you to put it in? What sizes punches did you use (can't remember from the video)? My last question and this one is for anyone that has put one of these in. Small, big or huge improvement over the stock trigger? Or is it a must have????? Thanks

Mine went from 7lbs to 3.3. ......a must have, especially if you switch back and forth from Production to Single Stack and back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the PRP comp trigger.

i went with 3.0 comp on my 5.25 and 3.5 on my wife's occasional 3.8 carry and comp firearm.

Also had both barrel's crowned, but still don't understand how that helps...

Had one ND as I discovered I developed a bad habit of putting pressure on the trigger between shots. Look at my small grouping with one flyer about 3" low right... yep, that's my embarrassing ND

Also had both barrel's crowned, but still don't understand how that helps...

The crown is the last thing the bullet touches before it exits the barrel. A slightly marred crown can REALLY throw your accuracy off. The angle of the crown is also very important. I haven't looked into what they do when they recrown it, but if I had to guess I'd say they improve the angle and smooth it out overall.

• 3 weeks later...