Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

90 degree mount or standard mount for CMore slide ride?

Tuflehundon

Which do you prefer and why? I have tried both, but only a few rounds each, not really enough to get a good read on each set up. I was originally planning to build my Glock Open gun with a 90 degree mount my SJC so the dot would be closer to the slide. But I have found a used standard mount and optic for a decent discount.

Is it worth it to pay the extra for the 90 degree mount, or should I get the standard mount and go with it? I know I will have to have my ejection port lowered with the standard mount, but not the 90 degree mount. So the savings aren't huge.

Have you seen the mods that Noximus made to his standard mount on his glock to run a standard mount without lowering the ejection port. If you have not might messege to find out the details.

Edited by noexcuses

Have you seen the mods that Noximus made to his standard mount on his glock to run a standard mount without lowering the ejection port. If you have not might messege to find out the details.

Looking on his YouTube channel, he uses a Lone Wolf Slide which comes with a somewhat lower ejection port already. Carvers website says it's not as much as is recommended, but it is lower than stock. Wonder if Noximus's mod would work with a stock slide?

I have found a used standard mount and optic for a decent discount.

He probably couldn't get it to run right either, hence the discount...

He says that he is taking it back to Limited since he built a 2011 Open gun. But you do have a point. I think I'll wait and get the mount I really wanted anyways, which is the 90 degree mount.

do you plan to shoot iron sights AND the dot; ie, some matches Limited and some Open? if so, get the 90, its easier to transition between the two.

Yes, I will be getting another Glock once the craziness stops and prices come back down. I got my 22 in early December for $350. Same gun now is $600+. I will use it as a carry gun / Limited gun.

Just to clarify a bit on the 90 deg and lowering the port. The mount will still cover the same surface area as the upright version, so you will still need to lower your port a bit. My mods were done to my mount AFTER delivery where the port job was already done. Lone Wolf does not send their slides with the port pre lowered unless you specifically request it done. The mods I made to mine were done because even though the port was bigger, my brass still caught in the port during ejection. My advice would be to have your port lowered by a professional smith/machinist and go from there.