Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Versa Max Tactical Choke System

Ron

Forgive me if this question has been answered before, I just purchases a Remington Versa Max Tactical for 3 gun; it only comes with a couple of chokes both an IC and a Tactical Extended Choke Tube. What I don’t understand is what is the difference in a ProBore choke system from a regular Remington Choke system? And also will just the regular Remington Chokes work in this Tac. Barrel? Thanks

As T Bacus said the Pro Bore tubes are different that the standard Rem-choke tubes. In addition to the configuration of the choke tube the Versa Max barrels have a larger bore diameter of around .735” while the Rem-Choke barrels (and most fixed choke barrels) are the standard .725”-729” bore. So the constriction of the choke tubes are sized accordingly.

Carlson (and others) sell a variety of Pro Bore choke tubes: http://www.choketube.com/choke-tube-product-details.php?Remington-Pro-Bore-Choke-Tubes&mf=21

Hello: I would buy all the Remington chokes from CDNN except the full or get some Briiley chokes from Power Factor Shooting. Then you can play skeet, 5 stand, sporting clays, trap and 3-gun. I just like the looks I get when I shoot the other games with the Zombie :roflol: Better still is when my son shoots trap with it and beats me and some others :cheers: Thanks, Eric