Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring for Glock 35 with light loads

cbmax

Hi all,

My wife just bought a Glock 35 Gen 4. My plan is to have her start off shooting USPSA Production division with minor power factor loads. I will get the adaptor so she can use Gen 3 style recoil springs. I have loaded 180 grain bullets with 4.3 grains of Titegroup in my Springfield XD 40 Tactical with a factory weight spring and metal guide rod and it shoots pretty soft and is very reliable.

What weight spring would you try in the Glock 35? I was thinking a 14 lb. spring. What do you guys think? I could probably lower the powder charge a bit further, but wanted to give you all an idea on my .40 light load in the XD.

I am not sure my current light load will work in the heavily sprung Gen 4.

My wife has shot the XD with the light loads I described and had no problem with the recoil.

I welcome your suggestions!

CB

I also used a 13, and for a while a 12 pound spring on a 35 and a 24 with .40 major loads at 169 power factor. If I were loading light laods I would most likely try a 12 or 11 and see how it went.

I have loaded 180 grain bullets with 4.3 grains of Titegroup in my Springfield XD 40 Tactical with a factory weight spring and metal guide rod and it shoots pretty soft and is very reliable.

It gets lighter than that load. 3.5g of TG with 180's @ 1.135 OAL would give me ~140 power factor.

Buy a few different springs to try. They are cheap.

Make sure to test that the gun stays locked-up as you pull the trigger (there is a dry-gun test that checks this).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you guys also change out the striker spring or just the recoil spring? I see a lot of discussions about OOB and the damages it can cause to the gun and the shooter. I have a new 34 and 35 gen 4 and had planned to just change the recoil springs and guide rods to #13 and 15 respectively. But now I am questioning having to replace other things as well. It will be strictly a competition gun.

Thanks