Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travel and reloads

ppclinkoping

Depending on where you are going and how many stops, I would NOT rely on there being any locally available. I would see if you could have ammo delivered by Grace ammo, Precision Delta or DC ammo . Make sure you call as far ahead of time as you can (2-3 months if possible) and maybe you could have it to shipped to you in care of wherever you would be staying, or even at the match facility, if they allow.

USPSA has a match ammo service you can utilize, but IDK if Bianchi Cup has similar.

The key will be availabilty...

Good luck!

Hi

A question around factory ammunition and travel. What type of 9x19 would you buy if you cant bring enough ammunition to a competition.

6 inc barrel 1/16 twist, no comp.

plans are to travel 8400 miles so I have to buy on location.

If you are talking about the Bianchi Cup I think Doug is bringing ammo but I would contact him to reserve it.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=249

Hi

A question around factory ammunition and travel. What type of 9x19 would you buy if you cant bring enough ammunition to a competition.

If you are talking about the Bianchi Cup I think Doug is bringing ammo but I would contact him to reserve it.

http://www.brianenos...p?showforum=249

Also, if it's the Cup you're asking about, you can ship your own ammo to the match hotel and pick it up there, so you don't have to deal with airline restrictions while traveling.

Alan~^~

Hi

http://www.brianenos...p?showforum=249

Also, if it's the Cup you're asking about, you can ship your own ammo to the match hotel and pick it up there, so you don't have to deal with airline restrictions while traveling.

Alan~^~

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/columbia/coucc/hoteldetail

Id order your ammo now, things are very tight and limited in supply. I'd call DC Ammo, Zero, Atlanta Arms and Precision Delta until you find what you need. Most of those could ship to hotel or a buddy who is driving to the match.

Hi

Do you normally shoot factory stuff or reload your own? Like others have said, factory stuff is hard to find. When I went to NZ for the Worlds I brought 1k cases with me and loaded them there. I had the components waiting on me there. This may be your best option if DC Ammo can't help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

I will travle from sweden to australia. It looks like i have to reload at site. I reload and use both the new 115gr zero conical and a 123gr TC match bullet made by Comtri in sweden.

The TC is a high prefomance bullet that gives me 1,3" 24 shoots groups at 50 from my 6" gun.

I haven't found any fatory ammunition in europe that will be ok to use in a match. So that's why I asked here.

normally you can get Zeros in Aussie but maybe they are affected by the tight supplies?

you should be able to get some reloading done easily enough there especially for practice - what range cor club are you shooting at?

you can take 5kg of ammo is that enough for a match or if you cant get another in aussie to supply the projectiles take your own and have them reloaded there

ive found plenty of aussies will help - try talking to the match organisers