Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Volquartsen MKIII custom .22 pistols

I'm really liking the look of these, in particular, the one named deluxe. I have a few questions for those of you out there that own one (any) of these pistols. https://www.volquartsen.com/tags/15-complete-firearms,20-volquartsen-mkiii-custom-pistols

If you bought a "complete pistol", what exactly does it come with? They have "do not include" buttons beside the order form, are these there if you are not ordering a complete gun?

Do the grips on these change the angle of the MKIII to closer to that of a 1911? Looking at the pictures, it appears that the grips slightly change the angle (I've always had issues with the grip of the MK pistols, and was wondering this might be an option.)

Are the pistols durable? Made from good quality components?

How many mags do they come with? Will they fire the cheap bulk ammo with no issues (for the most part)?

Looking for any feedback, good or bad.

They are coming out mid 2013 with the 22/45 based versions... Should I just wait till they get here if the grip angle is a problem?

I would recommend going to rimfirecentral.com. I too have looked at Volquartsen complete pistols but have never handled one. I do use there internal components in my Ruger 22/45 and find them top quality. Good luck with your search.

Ron

If you like a 1911, I would wait for 22/44 version, I like the grip angle of a CZ, and my MRKIII is more like the grip angle of a Glock. Something I'm also not crazy about is the trigger hinge location, it's forward of the trigger so it swings up as well as back; I like the feel of a Buckmark better.

I have the VQ varathane grips on my Mk II, I don't think it changes the "angle" but it is much better than stock Ruger grips.

I know bullseye shooting is a religion, but $1400 for those is ridiculous.

I am not a fan of the Mk III, really do not like the changes. I think the Mk II is a better design and did not need to have the extra crap hung on. Just my opinion. I did some serious searching to find some "like new" Mk II's here in California and paid extra $$$ compared to Mk III's.

I have three Mk II's with all VQ trigger group parts, the VQ internals are the best. The triggers release at around 1# with perfect break. Doubt the VQ (Mk III) guns are any better, in fact maybe a little worse because of the new trigger design.

No offense, I used to work with marketing guys so I know how they are, but this part still cracked me up:

The Deluxe has a center gravity weight that provides enough extra barrel weight that the pistol doesn’t whip when it’s fired, yet, it does not have a muzzle-heavy feel.

That ferocious .22 cartridge is "whipping" a gun that weighs about 60 ounces? :goof:

I have put maybe 20k rounds through my Mk II's and never noticed the heavy muzzle flip....

Edited by bountyhunter