Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tax refund in my bank in 10 days!

KentG

I dont know how or why but I got my refund in my checking account pending a few minutes ago. Thats 10 days from filing. I use TurboTax and have a relatively simple return for me and the wife. Mortgage deduction and Church is our only real deductions. All of the tax BS issues aside I was shocked to see it had it my account. I figured it would be a month to 6 weeks as normal. I wont ever say anything good about the IRS but this is a pleasant supprise.

Wow... the idiots at Schwab and all the rest have yet to even send out our 1099 forms. I'm amazed anybody has filed now. Wish we could.

Not a tax guy, but I'd say you have a legit beef with those companies. IIRC, 1099s are due to recipients postmarked not later than January 31st.

On the like: not so much getting a refund, but I just did my taxes and I owe a very small amount due to the Fed and getting a small refund from State. it's so close it's nearly a wash. Hooray for my 2012 tax planning!! :cheers:

Wow... the idiots at Schwab and all the rest have yet to even send out our 1099 forms. I'm amazed anybody has filed now. Wish we could.

Not a tax guy, but I'd say you have a legit beef with those companies. IIRC, 1099s are due to recipients postmarked not later than January 31st.

On the like: not so much getting a refund, but I just did my taxes and I owe a very small amount due to the Fed and getting a small refund from State. it's so close it's nearly a wash. Hooray for my 2012 tax planning!! :cheers:

It is possible for those companies to get a deferment on the 1099 date. My National Financial Servies account does not have to have their 1099's out until Feb 28. It sucks cause that is the only thing I am waiting on to file my taxes.