Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What mag pouch to use? Moving from production to Limited / Open

Tuflehundon

I have it narrowed down between the CR Speed Versa pouch, DA Racer pouch, or the DA Racemaster pouch. Is it worth the extra money to get the Racemaster?

CR Speed vs. Racers: same price point, both ambi, both plastic. Different tensioning method: pinch screw (CR) vs. leaf spring (DAA).

Racers can be mounted at 90 degrees but you have to drill an access hole to place and secure the mounting screw. CR speeds are not intended for 90 degree mounting but someone with a little creativity could probably figure something out.

RMs are all of the Racers and more. Aluminum body, bullet proof, pre-drilled for 90 degree mounting, ball joint mount.

I got the RMs before the Racers were marketed or available. I don't regret the purchase, but if they were initially available at the same time, I probably would have bought the Racers.

Why not just get one of each to try? Those are all very popular pouches and whichever ones you don't like could easily be resold.

Myself, I use and like the CR's. Never tried the RM or Racers though. I have tried the DAA Competition mag pouches and did not like them. I do use a RM holster and love it. I would expect the mag pouches to be of the same excellent quality as the holster. The customer service from Saul is above and beyond excellent also.

I was looking for used pouches an equipment. The good ones sell for about what Shooters Connection sells them for new. I ordered last night and got an email that they shipped this morning. Great prices and they sent then right away. Win Win

Get the DAA Racemaster in black if you don't like it I'll purchase it from you.

I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna buy some pouches on the 1st and try them out. I figure I'll get black so if I don't like one, I can turn it easier.

Edited by Tuflehundon

Found an Ope shooter at Sunday's local match that let me use his belt for a stage, and he had the DAA Race Masters mounted 90 degrees like I wanted to, even had them placed about were I was thinking. I really liked them. Another shooter had the Racers, she had hers mounted at 90 as well. But the racers didn't have the adjustablity of the Race Masters.

I am going to pic a up a couple of the Race masters on the 1st at least, I'll see if I can get 4 of them. They may be expensive, but I only have to buy them once, and they will last for years. And they will work with any gun or division I decide to shoot in.

I have used both Racers and Racemasters extensively.

Racers can wear down pretty quickly. If you have a plastic one in your primary reload position and practice / dryfire a lot - it will probably wear down. I had to have mine replaced because it was starting to develop some wobble in its mounting.

So my solution - Racemaster in the first position. Racers in all other positions. You can get a group discount through speedshooters. They will allow you to mix and match which pouches you want and still give you the 10% off.