Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech DOH and DOH Stingray?

BobS761

Is there a difference between the two? Shooters Connection lists both, but DOH is special order, and that is what I think I want for Production. But, if they are the same, I can do without waiting on the color I want.

Thanks,

B

The difference is strictly in the connection between belt and holster. DOH = Dropped offset (faster draw for most, and less concealable because the holster rides lower, more like an open carry cop rig, or similar). Stingray is snug to the body, at belt level. No difference in the holster itself. You could swap the Stingray for the DOH on the same holster, depending on game. Stingray is legal for IDPA, DOH is not, except for women. I'd check if DOH is legal for USPSA production before buying it for that, it may not be legal.

Should be the same, the Tek-Lok attachments are the only other one they carry. The Stingray is the belt loop and the DOH is the attachment piece that can be removed if you are shooting IDPA or others...\

I think the color is the requirement to have a special order, otherwise, everything else should be the same...

To clarify my post above, I think a DOH extenstion would be added between the Stingray (or Tec-Loc) belt attachment and holster, if the game permits and you want it there, and removed for IDPA or wherever not permitted.

ARGHHHHH..... Stingray is a DOH without the bracket that makes a Stingray a DOH!!! Stingray is not a bracket. Stingray is a holster and a belt attachment of either variety. A Stingray with the DOH bracket is just commonly called a DOH holster. The actual DOH bracket is a zig zag looking piece of hardware.