Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can Anyone Ship Ammo To California?

We all know that Kalifornia has a list of "approved" guns, and that any magazine over 10 rounds is verboden! But what about ammunition? I have a friend who wants to ship some ammo to a family member in the Golden State and I told him I'd check it out first.

So, besides the obvious ORM-D labels, what do you all think? :)

We all know that Kalifornia has a list of "approved" guns, Not really and that any magazine over 10 rounds is verboden! Again, not really. But what about ammunition? I have a friend who wants to ship some ammo to a family member in the Golden State and I told him I'd check it out first.

So, besides the obvious ORM-D labels, what do you all think? :)

No tracer or incendiary ammo. The only city that has a restriction is Los Angeles. LA county is fine - City of LA not.

No Kali state laws against mailing in ammo as of today, but that is the one thing they are about to shut down. They want to greatly restrict ammo sales by limiting licensed sale outlets, requiring background checks for ammo purchase, and also implement state fees on ammo sales. As of today, not yet. But we have a dem governor and the state legislature is about 65% democratic so the laws are coming.

I believe the ammo must be labeled ORM-D, you probably have to disclose to the carrier shipping it (they may have their own restrictions)

Edited by bountyhunter