Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What big stuff was in the semi in your picture? Machine weights like 6600 lbs I think.

That's not too bad. I took a HAAS VF2SS off of the truck. It had a VF3 and ST20 on it also. That looks like a great machine, I look forward to seeing the things you get to create. It is extremely satisfying to take and idea from an idea, to MasterCam, a post, and then to a part.

What tool holders are those. Don't look like R8

They're a Chinese copy of tormach tts er20 holders. There was a thread on cnczone that turned me on to them. Got them on eBay.

I'll find the link if you like. It's somewhere in this thread but it would take days to find lol.

Mostly for cnc. The tool holder butts up against the spindle so the tool stick out is repeatable. You can have all your tool lengths pre measured and you don't have to re zero everytime you swap a tool. There is a 3/4 r8 collet in the spindle. All the tool holders have a straight 3/4 shank on them.

I bought them in anticipation of being cnc. Figured money on r8 collets was better spent on these. Been really happy with them.

I am using one like this. It's not the best and I am only using one rack.

0004009431100_500X500.jpg

It really is a pain in the ass to get the parts tied up after spraying but it works. What I am going to get in the future will be something like this so I can hang the parts vertically instead of horizontally.

20070111.png