Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the Harbor Frieght 44991 with LMS belt drive conversion #2560 that takes the RPM up to 4500 and the Sinpo 3 axis glass scale DRO. Thinking on price at the moment but looking at what I'll have to put with the rest for a new mill

Edited by dskinsler83

The one I want to upgrade to is out of stock for a bit so it'll be a few more months. All my tooling will transfer to the new machine at least and my vise is big enough for the new one too.

I think after talking to a few people $900 would be a steal for this machine package.

Oh yeah and I just ordered a STI frame and Bald STI 45ACP slide for a SS build

did this yesterday

Nice! I tried a Tanfo that was stroked- I liked it considerably better than the same gun with the factory stroke. I think you will like it.

yea my only wonder is if 9mm minor will even have enough force for me to notice, its not exactly the same as .40 major. Still worth a test

also just noticed the orange vise on that brother. niiiiiiice

awesome work guys. i got my lms 3900 a couple months ago but have been so busy with work and kids it been sitting collecting dust. gonna be getting 3 weeks vacation starting next week so hopefully i can get it set up and start my road to making chips like you guys. so much inspiration in this forum

I've heard great things about the orange vices, I really want one of the doubles but I don't think I'll ever be in the situation to afford one lol. Great piece of tooling though

Well the stroking worked, not a ton of difference but it just seemed to help take the harshness of each shot down a little at the very end. going to take another 1/16" off for a total stroke of 3/16" and then do some slide lightening, hopefully tonight.