Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comp is AWESOME! Thanks Jared!

BUT

It won't work on a Schuemann hybrid without trimming the muzzle. I will take a pic and post it later. All it would take on the comp would be to extend the threads out about (Edit I actually measured) .095

Edited by StraightUp_OG

Yeah, show me what it looks like. Some people fit the comp by trimming the end of the barrel and others trim the back of the comp. I leave extra material on the back of the comp so you can trim it instead of the barrel. But maybe I'm missing something?

Hmm. I think I can fix that, if you want to send the barrel I can at least get a feel for the dimensions of a Schuemann barrel. I know others have used a Schuemann. I had to trim the muzzle of my KKM to make it work with a Brazos comp when I built my 1st gun, same deal. But the CFD comp has a good bit more material in the threaded section to help with that.

Send me an email.

Cool consider it sent.

The Bedell I used flushed up to the rib on the barrel without trimming the muzzle. I don't mind but thought you would rather check it out.

Email Sent.

EDIT - the gap is actually .095 amazing what a caliper will tell me...

Edited by StraightUp_OG

yep, someone gave me a cz shadow in pieces (and missing alot of them) so I figured I might as well try it. Will be finishing up some filing on it and shooting it back to back with a standard one on Wednesday to see if you notice anything

A guy on the tanfoglio page did this with a hunter "6in 40s&w" he really liked the results. I look forward to hearing a side by side report. I know this is almost "common" practice for limited guns but has anyone done this on an open gun? I'm not sure if it would have much noticeable affect or not.