Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cancer

bierman

Lost my Aunt Denise Wednesday after a four year battle with breast cancer. Doctors took her off of chemo last week as it was no longer working and doing more harm than good. They told her 1 to 3 months. She lasted less than a week.

She was my Mom's baby sister and would have been 55 next month. She was a funny, loving person who was a hoot to be around. My heart breaks for my Uncle Mike, who has been with my Aunt since they were 16, my cousins Kerri, Michael and Matthew who watched their mother go through this for the last 4 years and for my Mom and her two other sisters. They were all very close and I know this has wrecked their world. I know they have all been clinging to the hope that she would recover and life return to normal, despite the odds against her. She was a fighter who never gave up and kept her sense of humor throughout. I will miss her.

RIP Denise Louise Watson.

Sorry for your loss. I think most of us forget what is really important in life and get peeved at the small stuff compared to the real issues that impact our lives. I know I do sometimes. I cant say anything else that will help other than to say I hope your family finds the strength to cope.

I pray that your heart heals well. My aunt was the soul of our family after my Grandmother passed. Unfortunately she lived only a few years more as she fought cancer all of her life. By the time she passed many of her parts had been fashioned from others after so many cancer surgeries. I cannot understand how it is that we were surprised that she died when she did. I mean she had been fighting it all of her life. But I guess after beating it so many times, she finally got tired. I miss her too. I hope one day that when I get to heaven, I can sit and have a meal and a drink with all the loved ones that died before me. I miss their stories, and their wisdom. I miss being the one they bounced on their knees and whose ear they found change. I miss piggy-back rides, and learning to shoot on their laps, learning card games and saying grace together at big family functions and holidays. In my minds eye I can see them all there at the table, just like it were yesterday. At least we have those memories that they have left us with. I guess it is what we leave all our loved ones.

Once again we are reminded how precious life is and how it can be shortened and to hold those left behind close and cherish every moment

Rest Easy Denise we will carry on the fight in your memory

John

Edited by Amerflyer48