Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Requesting recommendation for a Para P-16 ejector

walnutty

Hello Guys,

I have a Para P-16 with a loose ejector so I decided to install an EGW 40 s&w ejector. I left the original length as is because it was able to clear a loaded round during function testing.

Went shooting yesterday (100 rounds factory) and on the last round, the case mouth was crushed and wedged between the front of the ejection port and the ejector. Found out the ejector was bent down and left.

I was able to remove the slide at home after bending the ejector again inwards to clear the slide.

Is this ejector done with?

Would you have another ejector recommendation that's easier to fit? This EGW required material to be removed from the sides (most difficult & time-consuming task), top, back, bottom of tip, etc.

Thanks in advance!

post-37878-0-48253600-1359773108_thumb.j

+1 bend it back, you've got nothing to lose. If it stays together, and my guess is that it will, shorten the nose a little. Had the same thing happening to a Springfield 9mm. Sent it back to Springfield and they replaced it but it bent again. I shortened the nose and it hasn't happened again.

Thanks guys for the advise. Yeah, I should have cut it shorter to begin with. Already contacted EGW. They want to look at the part. I'm not too sure I want to go through the trouble of refitting a new EGW ejectror though. Just too much work.

Would an STI ejector be easier to fit?

Thanks.