Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ggwash21

I shot my glock for the first time today and I LOVE IT.... i have had springfields and 1911-a1's and i love it..... i love how it feels and how it shoots..... I'm sending it in to glock for the lower reciever to be replaced with a gen 3 lower..... how can i get the 3 10rd mags to not be so stiff as in when i put the rounds in it its hard as hell?

10rd Glock mags suck. The one I have was parted out for a folllower and thrown in the closet. Just buy high caps(unless in Kalifornia or one of those other places). I have never been able to get 10 rounds in one without great effort and some fowl language. TXAG

Steve,

I'm still waiting for the four I ordered from Topglock....others have received theirs, so I'm guessing mine will come in soon. You, of course, still have first dibs on the two G17 mags if you want 'em.

As for getting that 10th round into the low-cap mags, you might want to look at the legs of the follower...I've heard of people grinding them down to fit the 10th in there on the G30's....on my G19, I've had no such problems.

G'day ggwash21,

My personal experience with the 10 round glock magazines are simlar. I've found that when you get to number 8 or 9, settle thing inside by giving it a firm tap either with an open palm or on a bench. You'll see many of the other double stack shooters doing the same thing to get those final rounds inserted.

When they are new they are tight. Mine took about a month of working out before things settled in nicely. Strange that was only on my new mags for the 19 and 21. Never had this issue with the mags for the 30 or 26. Good luck to ya! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...