Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got My Dillon XL650

Hi All, Just got my XL650 in last night, stayed up till about midnight playing with my new toy. Man this one great machine! Still doing all of the adjusting on it. This will be a big difference in my reloading. All I have ever loaded on the last 30 years is my RockChucker. Hope this thing loads as good as it looks. Dillon sure makes one good looking product. Well I'm going play some more, just had to tell someone about my toy. Good Shooting, Forrest :D

I sold my 5 Lee Pro 1000's, and bought the Dillon XL650. What a difference!

Here's my problem: I have been using the same username on several different forums. Now that I am "Leeless", and am using the fantastic 650, I no longer am spewing spent primers all over creation (and into my shoes). The primers do go into the little blue cup (at least for me). I may have to change my username to something else, but I don't know what... :lol:

To stop spilled primers on a 1050, you cut the head off a .223 case and jam the neck up into the hole where the primers fall through into the cup. Leave the case long enough to be below the edge of the cup. I saw this tip here a while ago and haven't had a dropped primer since. :D

Bill Nesbitt