Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.300 blk barrel fit issues

Trey A

I THOUGHT I WOULD BUILD A .300BLK, SEEMS EASY ENOUGH SWAP BARRELS AND DONE RIGHT ? SO I PURCHASED A DANIEL DEFENSE BARREL TO MATCH THE RIFLE I WANTED TO USE IT ON. I THEN DECIDED TO GO AHEAD AND BUILD A DEDICATED UPPER. SO I THEN ALSO PURCHASED A DANIEL DEFENSE UPPER RECEIVER . WHEN ALL THE PARTS CAME IN I WAS READY TO ASSEMBLE I THOUGHT. I SLID THE BARREL INTO THE RECEIVER TO FIND THAT THE ALIGNMENT PIN ON THE BARREL WOULD NOT FULLY SEAT INTO THE RECEIVER. I THEN FIGURED I WOULD CALL DD AND THEY WOULD TELL ME WHAT TO DO. BUT IT'S NOT THAT EASY , NOBODY IN WEAPON RELATED ANYTHING IS EASY TO TALK TO, HECK YOU CAN'T EVEN CALL MIDWAY RIGHT NOW!!!

I WILL POST PICS TONIGHT IF I NEED TOO. THANKS FOR ANY HELP ON HOW TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM AND WHY I HAVE THIS PROBLEM

TREY

One other thing I forgot to mention , when I bought the blackout barrel I also bought a Daniel Defenae SBR barrel, it fits perfect. Snug, but goes in by hand . I guess that's why I am concerned , 2 DD barrels one works other dont.

Have you tried lubricating the barrel extension first? You can also polish the extension with a strip of emory cloth, shoe shine fashion, to slightly reduce outside diameter.

Mark

Looks like it's the alignment pin thats the issue, not the OD of the extension. I'd just hit the sides of the pin w/ a file...

-rvb

Put a caliper on the pin and measure the OD. I'd assume since that is standard that the slot in the receiver is the issue. They should both be 0.125". If the pin got a little overcoated, should be able to emery cloth it like Mark suggested.