Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which to use, sell or buy?

So I have been training for IPSC production with my G17 and CZ 75 SP01 Shadow.

I have been switching between my CZ and Glock to see which one I liked the most.

I like the soft recoil of the CZ, and I know its a good gun, but i find the grip to small.

I have allso had a couple of stovepipes and misfires with it.

1 in every 30 shots, I get a double tap due to the light trigger and my glock style of being straigth back on the trigger starting to prep.

When using the Glock, everyhing changes, I might not be as accurate with it, but I feel a lot more secure with it.

I am just as fast on the draw, the grip is perfect and the only thing I don't like about it is the trigger for longer shots.

I love how much sturdier everything feels.

Yeasterday it was -20*c and I tried both guns.

When dropping the magazines in the snow, all the bullets got frozen up, but I just threw the mags back inn to see of I could get anyone to fail.

They worked flawless.

I have been looking at a P226 X-five SO DA/SA with the 4,4'' slide with external extractor.

I feel that I might get the ultimate gun with the full steel weight of the CZ, Reliability of the glock and the grip thickness of the Glock.

I don't have the chance to try it without buying it.

Does anyone have any experience with an all steel p226, how it recoils compared to a CZ.

Someone told me that the trigger on the sig is better but heavyer.

The price is about the same for all practical reason.

http://213.162.225.74/F0216/main.aspx?page=article&artno=P226%20X-Five%20SO

http://www.wingevapen.no/index.php?do=product&id=3794

I understand that its now time to quit jumping between guns and start training with just one;)

I like the soft recoil of the CZ, the grip too small.

I have allso had a couple of stovepipes and misfires with it.

1 in every 30 shots, I get a double tap due to the light trigger and my glock style of being straigth back on the trigger starting to prep.

I would stop using the Glock, and concentrate on the CZ - great gun for this game.

Make the grip larger - new grips? tape? Solve the misfire problem (reloads? springs? mags?)

and practice a whole lot with it so you get used to the SA trigger pull.

Then, you have an excellent gun for USPSA or IDPA. Just my humble opinion. :cheers:

It sounds like you like the Glock better? Besides the trigger.. Use the one that YOU feel better with. I have a G34 and a Shadow Custom for production and like both but the trigger, ergos and weight of the CZ finds its way into the holster. I only thing I have problems with is hitting the safety on reloads with the Shadow but I need to train more with it. My hits are better with the Shadow and feel more confident calling shots. But if I had to use my G34 I would in a heartbeat two different animals. Personally my Shadow has been 100% reliable so has my Glock. If you can do a trigger job on your Glock do it and see which one you like best. Keep playing with both until that light in your head turns on and says this is the one and practice practice practice that will be better for you than a magic gun.

Stay with the Glock or CZ, Sigs are nice guns but I think the others are better for the sport.

Edited by G34 CORDY

I bought the shadow used, with the thin aluminium grips installed.

I got a box with a bunch of parts with the gun, it looked like the original grips where missing, but i found them.

I installed them, and the gun feels a lot better.

I'm going to test them out this weekend.

I allso wish to take a couple of classes, but that requires me to mount a light on the gun, and its a bitch to find kydex holsters for the sp01 with a light.

I think that I might have to take the Glock to the classes even thou my CZ will now be my primary gun.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd take the Glock, but it sounds like your still running the stock trigger. Simple enough, just change out the striker spring to a wolf reduced power spring, it makes ALL the different. Don't worry about your trigger bar or anything else yet. Its like $7, as opposed to an expensive complete trigger setup. Once you make that change, shoot it for a bit along side with your CZ, and see if your change your mind any.

I had a Sig USPSA Edition all steel 226 and sold it after I bought my Sig X-5 Allround. I prefer the 5" barrel for the sighting plane and the additional weight foward. It is an extremely soft shooting gun. I know there have been problems with the external extractor on some of the Sigs but I have never had a problem with either one of the ones I have owned. Unless you are desd set on a 4.4" barrel take a close look at the X-5 Allround. I have large hands and put Nills grips on the X-5 to make the grip larger.

When using the Glock, everyhing changes, I might not be as accurate with it, but I feel a lot more secure with it.

I am just as fast on the draw, the grip is perfect and the only thing I don't like about it is the trigger for longer shots.

I love how much sturdier everything feels.

You seem to have answerd your own question. Put a 3.5 disconnector in it and your done.