Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Tray Dillon 650

Okay guys, a little help here. I just picked up a new 650 from Dillon (I got it at their store in Scottsdale). I'm setting it up and the holes on the bullet tray mounting bracket do not line up with the holes on the strong mount. The holes on both sides of the strong mount are exactly the same. Is it possible they did not give me the correct strong mount?????

Brad

Can you post a pic?? The 550 and 650 strong mounts are drilled the same so I don't think you got the wrong strong mount. Maybe a bracket issue. You will only be using the 2 top holes in the bracket mounting it at an angle in the 2forward holes in the strong mount. I can email a pic now if you want... Pm me....

Posted pi following...

Edited by NoSteel

Hmmm..... Well, if it were me I would hold the tray bracket in position where one hole lines up and then drill a 2nd in the bracket where it lines up with the 2nd strong mount hole if possible. That will leave you with just 1 hole to drill....

I have the same one that you have......4 holes drilled. The bracket WILL WORK. It might take you a few tries to dry fit it, but you will figure it out. Pay attention to the diagram in the instructions and you will get it. I promise!

• 1 year later...

Now that I think about it I drilled mine because the tray seemed to lean too far forward. I was able to mount it so it leaned back more that way I could put a few more in there without them wanting to fall out the front too easily. After all that I ended up putting a bullet feeder on and now just use the tray bracket as a hand hold.

The 550/650 and 650 only mounts are in fact different, with different holes drilled in the side. I have both presses. This has definitely fallen through Dillon's crack. As the manual and website for the 650 has not been updated to reflect their lack of drilling or puching the extra holes. If you want the bullet tray to be level like it's pictured then you have to drill an extra hole or buy the 550/650 mount. The 550/650 mount also has two sets of holes on the top horizontal to accommodate both presses.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6r093SLjpdem1JMUNSRExJczJTUVFUWjhhV0FDb005TWlj/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz6r093SLjpdZF93WU92cGJGNDBJRGtJdUFTb3NIYnp0dDBB/edit?usp=sharing20140512_085450.jpg20140512_085513.jpg

Edited by silverbk