Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting the 2013 Area 1 Championship?

I have a limited setup now with an M&P 40 Pro and CR speed belt and mag pouches. Still running a blackhawk Serpa holster for now because I did a lot of 3 gun this year and trust it to hold the gun while running and diving on the ground, but I should be getting a DAA Racer in a couple weeks. What are you running?

I shot Area 1 last year and will again this year.

It was my first level 3 match and I had a good time. I shot limited with a Glock 24 and this year i will be shooting a 5" STI in limited.

Really fun match just watch out for tricky stuff like fault lines inside shoot houses. because 80 penalty points on one stage really hurts. :blush:

• 1 month later...

I will be there, first Area Match. Shooting a Glock 35 Limited.

Anyone have any suggestions on Ammo? Buy local and being with you? Or buy on location? If you know the hotel that you are going to stay at, contact them and find out if they will let you ship a package to them. If that doesn't work, contact the Match Director and he should be able to give you a ship to address. I would not trust to being able to find ammo locally.

Any suggestions for flying with your Guns? As to flying with your guns, go to the both the websites of the airline that you are flying and the TSA and do a search. That would be the only way to be sure as to what they want.

Jim

I will be there, first Area Match. Shooting a Glock 35 Limited.

Anyone have any suggestions on Ammo? Buy local and being with you? Or buy on location? If you know the hotel that you are going to stay at, contact them and find out if they will let you ship a package to them. If that doesn't work, contact the Match Director and he should be able to give you a ship to address. I would not trust to being able to find ammo locally.

Any suggestions for flying with your Guns? As to flying with your guns, go to the both the websites of the airline that you are flying and the TSA and do a search. That would be the only way to be sure as to what they want.

Jim

Thanks, Found that Delta is pretty good, just need to get a lockable hard case.

I will contact our Hotel and ask them, thanks for the suggestions.

I would find the ammo you need asap. I don't think you will be able to find much around for a decent price anymore. I would assume the match director, Ken Nelson, would be accommodating regarding possibly shipping the gun if necessary. Let me know if you need help with any of that, I live about 40 minutes north of the range.