Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Height of XL650 with case feeder?

Can someone tell me the actual height of the 650 with a case feeder from the mount surface excluding any strong mounts? In my searches I came up with a lot various measurements leaving me to doubt even the Dillon specs. witch was 38.5" (with case feeder). Not ready to assemble everything at this point but I am building a steel post mount that will bolt to the concrete floor. I am planning to sit on a stool while loading so I am trying to factor in everything including dumping brass into the feeder without using a step-up.

PS. I have a computer file for a plate that matches the base of the 650 perfectly if anyone needs one.

I remember seeing the exact measurements for the 550 and 650 with/out mounts somewhere in brians dillon section of the store

for future reference... from FAQ

"Strong Mount (also fits the 650)

Improves the machine's operation through stability. It increases the "footprint" of the press by approximately 75%. (550's footprint: Approx. 36 sq. in.; Strong Mount's footprint: Approx. 156 sq. in.) In all cases (with or w/o Strong Mount), buy or build the sturdiest bench possible.

550/650 Strong Mount raises machine 8.5" off bench.

650 Only Strong Mount raises machine 6.5" off bench."

Edited by cnote

Thanks for the info. I think it's possible this dimension may have varied, depending when the equipment was made?

So far the same 4" or so variation reported here is what I found searching.

I had to know for sure so I unpacked the parts and mocked it up; mine is the 34-34.5" height.

So that was the final factor needed to decide on the height of the post for a good handle to seat, seat to separate work bench and overall height of the case feeder for loading.

Time will tell how it all works out, hopefully I won't need to modify :goof: .

Overall hight depends on age of the XL650. I have two and they are different by about 3" The newer models are taller,

While I am not officially in the know I would suspect they are taller to keep more brass in the tube so it is harder to run out if they feed rate drops for some reason.