Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

per the opening post... (shooting related)

Primers.

I know a guy who bought a box of primers at a yard sale, along with some other older reloading items. When he got them home every primer (1000) was spent. Someone deprimed them and carefully placed them back in the trays.

Barrels i plan to use for precision rifles, AR15 bolts, and Springs of any kind.

Thats about all i can think of. As soon as i take something to the range its "used", so what if someone did it before me. Now abused, thats another story.

I have to agree with the savings of less than 20%, why would you? I often see things for sale used that are way too close the the price for a new one. It it's not new. it's used - price it that way. It will sell.

I do get a little concerned about used competiton guns that say "less than 1000 rounds through it". Hmmm, maybe.

It comes down to knowing the seller for me I guess.

Barrels i plan to use for precision rifles, AR15 bolts, and Springs of any kind.

+1 on barrel of any kind. I'm replacing an AR barrel right now that I bought used a few months ago. Shoots great but the front sight pins are extremely worn and the clamp one are not working.

I'm also hesitant about reloading supplies that are not sealed in the factory packaging.

Edited by Dirty Rod

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started out, I swore I would never buy a used pistol. Fortunately, my best friend was also my teacher and knew better. One day we went to the range and they had a used Kimber classic I on consignment. I didn't want it because it wasn't a fancy match grade one like he had, plus I was broke. He took one look at it and said "you're getting this gun", pulled out a wad of cash and plunked it down on the table. That was almost 15 years ago and to this day it's the only .45 I shoot. Other than an extended magwell and an ambi safety, it's still the same gun and it can still shoot as accurately as some of the best customs out there. One more thing I owe Quicksdraw...we always had each others back when one of us was on the skids.

And I don't know about Flex, but I keep it simple and just use some slide glide. A little goes a long way... :devil: