Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you thankful for this ThanksGiving ?

The annual Thanksgiving thread. Even with so much bad stuff happening in the country and around the world I am sure we all have something to be thankful for.

Here's my list:

• I'm thankful for my family which grew this year with the arrival of my nephew
  • I'm thankful for my health.
  • I'm thankful for an amazing shooting season, even though I did not get to shoot much, I was able to have a great time covering the matches.
  • I'm thankful for a few days off work, my first real break this year.

Well here goes,,

I am thankful to be alive,have a wife of 47 years

Have good friends

Have my family in good health ((( spending thanksgiving with my son )))

I am thankful for my church

I am thankful to be retired !!!!!

The reason for the first one is after a heart attack you never know !!!!

And JESUS LIVES...

I an thankful to be alive,

I am thankful for my family, escpcially my wife of 35 years that hlped me pay Akai Customs guns for a new pistol I ordered, and have Gary Natale fit all new parts to an existing frame. what a woman.

I am thankful to live in this country, even with teh problems we perceive we have,

and I am thankful for all teh fine folks I have met durin the teh two years I have been a USPSA member.

HAPPY TNAKSGIVING

Gerald

• I'm thankful that my Mom is still with us. It's a dicey situation and I know that far too soon I'll be wishing she was still around. She's a mean old cuss but I like her for the very real person that she is. Her body's wearing out and her mind, still sharp as a razor, is genuinely pissed about it. She's tough as shoe-leather. I'm thankful for the time I have.
  • I'm thankful for the many friends I have and especially those I don't deserve. That those folks would expend even enough effort to turn their hearts or smiles towards me is humbling beyond words.
  • I'm thankful to be in even moderate good health. All things considered it's better than moderate, but who knows how long that might last. I don't, but I'm glad for the time I have.
  • I'm thankful for a job that pays me to play. I worked for free to help produce shooting matches for many years and finally someone offered to pay me to do the same. How cool is that?
  • I'm thankful for all of my families -- those of blood and those of similar sentiments. The people I've grow close and accustomed to in these shooting sports are as fine as I've ever even heard of. You hopefully know who you are. If not, I apologize for playing it too close to the vest.

I am thankful for my wife who has put up with me and my stuff since the day she met me in July of '94. Love you Shan!

My children who do well in school, mind most of the time, and never go a day without telling me how much they think of me! (Shows how you can fool the young!)

Being blessed in this economy to be working most of the time, and liking the things I do.

My dogs, who lifted me out of a funk after the passing of my other dog Abby. Lucy and Joey, you are so funny!

My friends who keep me at the range until way too late sometimes, and always do nice things in return.

Lastly, but not least, my Dad, who buys my kid all the guns I can't because she is the closest thing in this family to a shooting grandson he'll ever have.

Oh, and you people on this forum. Just ask Merlin, this place is full of 'em.

JZ

I'm thankful for my kids all making it home from school and work if only for a few days. We have not seen them home together at the same time in nearly a year. Seems like only yesterday we were all at home seeing each other every morning and evening and on most weekends. Hold on to your kids man. They will be gone before you know it.

Of course Monday we will be empty nester's again and that's not all bad.