Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gotta have my Space

schoonie

Man, it chaps my butt when the next squad (or two) comes to a stage while my squad is still shooting and crowds us out of the way!

Now I know everybody wants to get a good look at what's coming up, but come on, give us some elbow room to navigate around our gear, chairs, or what have you. How many times has it happened to you that you can't even get back to your bag to sit down, reload, contemplate the just blown stage, or just pout! :angry::angry::angry:

All I'm asking for is a little respect for the squad that's currently shooting, just wait until we're done and out of your way before crowding in.

Thank you, I feel better already. :):rolleyes::P

It appears to me in my experience that it is the shooters that shoot the good ol boy club matches all the time and when they decide to have the trailer fumigated and have to find something to do, like shoot a match over and beyond their capability, we run into this type of thing.

Let me start off by saying I hate crowded ranges as well.

HOWEVER, some of these "Good Ol Boy" shooters, who may or may not be in over their heads, help to keep the sport going. I know that as a GM, or M class shooter it is at times hard to look at a C or D class shooter and not think "What the HELL are you even doing here!" I will tell you what they are doing at some of the larger matches.....

#1-- Having fun.

#2-- Supporting the sport.

#3-- Helping to provide for the prize table with the fee's they paid.

#4-- Trying to improove by watching other shooters, and therefore sometimes crowding up the range.

I will add on to this that I get a bit of a boost when I shoot a good stage, and one of the guys who I know is really trying to improove asks me how I shot the stage.

I don't like over crowded ranges, but I would rather that, than cancelled matches because of lack of shooters.

I too hate having my space invade. I have even had the squad beind catch up and start trying to do a walk through when I am on deck.

I agree with TriggerT on his assessment of C and D class shooters. The remarks about trailer trash being in over their heads is pretty pompous.

It appears to me in my experience that it is the shooters that shoot the good ol boy club matches all the time and when they decide to have the trailer fumigated and have to find something to do, like shoot a match over and beyond their capability, we run into this type of thing.

It's always good to know where you stand with some people.

Rhino...I'm with you. :( Fortunately, I've met GM's that don't think of themselves as demigods and are true ambassadors of the sport. They often take time to help me with my shooting. Most of them will do this, but some apparently, as witnessed above do not.

Jeff

It appears as if "Allan & Jan's Customs" Is working real hard on their public relations with the "good ol' boys" and "lower classed shooters."

Damn shame that so many of the "lower classed shooters" are around and "crowd out" their betters.

dj

My squad at the Crazy Croc, mostly GMs, Ms, and As, was really bad about walking through between shooters and getting in the way of the next shooter. A simple "excuse me" got 'em out of my way. I never saw the D class shooter in anybody's way. (BTW, he won D class Limited.)